Women's Health: Postpartum Community

clots

i guess i'm having my first period since having my son who is 8.5 months old, but all that is coming out is dime size clots and it's only been for about 5 hours. does anybody have any idea if this is how the first period is suppose to be, i don't remember how it was after i had my daughter 3 years ago.
plas respond as soon as possible.
thanks, chey
Yes, mine was like that and the one I am on right now is since the last only lasted a couple days. Is it really heavy?
If it gets to bad I would call your doc.
Also read this:

When should I call the midwife or doctor?
Call your care provider if the bleeding:
it's not even getting blood on the pad it's just clots when i go to the bathroom
?
this may be a weird question, but what color should the blood be when u get ur period, it's been sooo long since i've had one. mine is clotty bright red.
If all you are getting is clots, I would atleast call the doc to be sure
my doc is away until the 5th.