Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

clots

i guess i'm having my first period since having my son who is 8.5 months old, but all that is coming out is dime size clots and it's only been for about 5 hours. does anybody have any idea if this is how the first period is suppose to be, i don't remember how it was after i had my daughter 3 years ago.
plas respond as soon as possible.
thanks, chey
10 Responses
Yes, mine was like that and the one I am on right now is since the last only lasted a couple days. Is it really heavy?
If it gets to bad I would call your doc.
Also read this:

When should I call the midwife or doctor?
Call your care provider if the bleeding:
it's not even getting blood on the pad it's just clots when i go to the bathroom
?
this may be a weird question, but what color should the blood be when u get ur period, it's been sooo long since i've had one. mine is clotty bright red.
If all you are getting is clots, I would atleast call the doc to be sure
my doc is away until the 5th.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.