Women's Health: Postpartum Community

continuous spotting between periods

Hi my husband and I are about to start trying to get pregnant, and I've been off birth control for a year but for the last 4 months my period has been weird.  It was 1 week early in May and June, and in July and August it's been on time but I've had spotting which has lasted almost until my next period.  I've never spotted like this before and I have 3 ovarian cysts, but I can't go in for my scheduled pelvic exam right now because my period was early again.  I just want to make sure this won't affect my ovulation since we are going to start trying soon, but I also had really normal periods for 8 months since I went off my pill (I was on it for 7 years), so could this be the hormones finally leaving my body from my pill?  I just want to make sure I can get pregnant.  Any help is welcome :)  Thanks!
I was having between 2 and 4 period per month for about 4 years when I got pregnant.