Women's Health: Postpartum Community

could i be pregnant or did i miscarry

I was supposed to start my period on the 14th of july didn't get it until the 22. I took three tests and 2 of them came out negative and the other one had a real faint line in the posotive window. THe next day I started my period( I think it was my period).  It was heavy for about an hour and then I started to spot, the second day barely any bleeding and by the third day nothing at all.  Could this be a miscarriage or was i never pregnant from the begining.  Hopefully someon out there can help me.
Unfortunately, this is a common question here.

No one on the internet can give you an answer, or even a clue as to what is going on.  A visit to your doctor, explaining that you did seem to have at least one positive test, is in order.

We could guess, but if you want to know for sure, you'll have to get it checked out.

Good luck to you.
HI, IF THE LINE WAS FAINT THEN THAT MEANS YOUR PREG. YOU COULD JUST BE VERY VERY EARLY LIKE I WAS. WHEN I FIRST WENT TO THE DOCTOR I WAS ONLY ABOUT 4/12 WKS. THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL KNOW IF THINGS ARE OK IS TO GO GET CHECKED OUT. THEY WILL DO A BLOOD TEST AND TEST YOUR HCG LEVELS LIKE THEY DID WITH ME. BUT DON'T BE ALARMED IF THEY COME BACK AT YOU WITH "YOUR LEVELS ARE LOW". WHEN THEY FIRST TESTED MINE MY LEVELS WERE ONLY AT 752 AND THEY TOLD ME I MAY BE IN THE PROCESS OF A MISCARRIAGE. THEY SCARED THE **** OUT OF ME NEEDLESS TO SAY! I HAD TO GO BACK IN THREE DAYS AND THEY SAID THAT IF MY NUMBERS DIDEN'T DOUBLE THEN THINGS COULD NOT BE SO GOOD. WELL I WENT BACK AND THE NUMBERS WENT ALL THE WAY UP TO 2743. SO THEY MORE THAN DOUBLED. BUT IF YOUR EARLY YOU COULD STILL BE HAVING SIGNS OF YOUR PERIOD. THE BODY JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON ESPECIALLY IF THIS IS YOUR 1ST BABY. HOPEFULLY THINGS WORK OUT FOR YOU AND YOU GET TO FEEL THIS LITTLE MIRACLE. KEEP US POSTED!! GOOD LUCK.
All caps to type a post is the internet equivalent of yelling. And for me, it's somtimes hard to follow an all caps post! Just letting you know! :)
Thanks Kassimom for commenting, I couldn't even get through the first sentence!

You know I have heard that same thing about all caps meaning yelling.  I have used all caps before and now I apologize.  I also use caps to sometimes emphasize a word.  I also sometime use caps no to yell but I can be blind when it comes to these little letters (I guess my reading glasses would probably help huh???  LOL) there have been times when I would rather read all caps sometimes it is just easier.  Maybe if someone does prefer caps they should start the post with I am not yelling I just like caps LOL!!!!!!!  I don't know it was just a weird thought.  I hope all is still going well for you.  It does sound like it.  All is well here.  This little guy is all over the place.  I did have to have a little talk with him today though and had to tell him to settle down a little because mommy needed a nap.  Well I have rambled on again like always.  I better get going.  YAY!!!!!!!!  ONE MORE WEEK OF WORK LEFT.  LAST DAY IS FRIDAY!!!!!!!  See caps for me also means excitement LOL!!!!!   Have a good one.
Yup--SOME caps are for emphasis and excitement!  

When you use them all them all the time, though--it usually means you are yelling.
Well, I had period the first month , and like you, I bled normally the first couple hours,then it faded into light pink spots and was gone by that night. I was confused but assumed I was not pregnant ( I was 25). Morning sickness hit me 4 weeks later and I was sick like a dog, and I blamed it on a nasty stomach virus, but after 2 weeks, I begun to wonder if it was really a stomach virus, adn my roommatr egged me on about buying a HPT, so I went and got one. You guessed it. I was pregnant. I was SHOCKED and demanded to see a doctor, Because I bled 6 weeks before, my dr ordered ultrasound. I was already 11 weeks, almost 3 months along ALREADY! He told me my bleeding was probably just implanation bleeding. Well that baby is now 12 years old.  :)
Hi, Im 19 years old and I have been off the shot since Aug 2003, and I was woundering how long would it take me to get pregnant?
Depo Provera shot?  When I was on it, it took a couple of months before I got my period again.  They say sometimes it takes 6 mos. or more to conceive.  You should be good to go now....are you getting your period regularly?
My question to you is if you are only 19 why on earth do you WANT to be pg now????  Go to college and make something of yourself first.  You are so young and have a full life ahead of you.  I have 2 sisters that were pg at 18 and got married at 19 and one is divorced already and the other is on the verge.  I also see that they are starting to go out more now because they lost out on all of that.  I am not saying you would not make a GREAT mom I just think you should think about it for a while.  I do not mean to offend or upset you that is not my intention.  I have just seen it all to often what happens with teen pregnancies.  Good Luck in whatever you decide.  I am sorry I sounded like an old parent really I am only 31.  I have a 6 yr old DD and a son on the way and I am so glad I waited and had them older.
It can take 12-18 mos to conceive after your last depo shot. Even if periods have resumed within a few month of stopping the shot. I was on the shot from Feb 1996 through April 1999, I wasn't TTC conceive until June the next year and got pg right away. We lost that pg, but got pg again in March 2001 and had a healthy boy Dec 2001. I got back on the shot for 6 months (received the last shot in June 2002). We actively tried to get pg and it took until May 2003 to succeed (also ending in m/c). We got pg in Aug 2003 and had another healhty boy 2 mos ago today.

In both instances, you can see it took about 12 months for my fertility to come back, regardless of the length of time I was on the shot. Most info will say 12-18 months, but that doesn't mean you can't get lots of "practice" in ; )

I have a few friends who had babies in their late teens. It isn't a bad thing in every case. Two of them are still happily married, yet the one who wasn't is now the single mother of 2 children. The most important thing is to be in a committed and happy long term relationship. Having a child is not a way to save a doomed relationship, nor is it a way to make someone more committed. If you are planning on having children, I am big believer in marriage first. More than the morality issue there is the financial issue to consider. In many instances, you must be married to be placed on a partners health plan. If something were to happen to you or your partner, you may want a little extra piece of mind that things were more stable.

Now who sounds like an old parent,lol.

Anyway, just some things to consider before taking that leap.

Andrea
I have a question about miscarriage