could i be pregnant?

i want to know if i could be pregnant and get some opinions. the 1st day of my last period was 1/24/08 and it is now 4/10/08. i went to the doctor on 3/11/08 and had a blood test and a urine test done and they both came back negative. i still haven't had my period and by the end of april it wil be 3 months late. my breasts are sore, i'm urinating more often, i am having slight cramping and discomfort. i also am having some clear discharge. is that normal? can anybody help me? i'm a little nervous because i have had 3 miscarriages before. i really want kids. u can email directly with any info to shardae.***@****. thank you.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You were not pregnant on 3/11/08 - the tests confirmed that; of course you may have gotten pregnant AFTER that date.  There are numerous reasons why people miss their periods and numerous reasons that cause pregnancy-like symptoms.  What did your doctor say?  Usually, the recommendation is to go to the doctor for tests if you miss 3 periods in a row (and are not pregnant).  An OBGYN would be the doctor of choice to see regarding this matter.
Helpful - 0
what could be the reason that i've missed my period for almost 3 months and i'm having symptoms? i scheduled and appointment with my ob/gyn for may 6th. that's too far away but she's out of town. she suggested i get an ultrasound. how can i have gotten pregnant after march 11th if i haven't had a period? don't u need a period to get pregnant? that's when u ovulate and the most fertile. i'm just hoping for the best. i hope i'm pregnant and can stay pregnant this time.
Helpful - 0
1) PCOS, hormonal imbalance, stress, various infections, are several examples of the more common conditions that can result in lack of period and "pregnancy symptoms".

2) You dont need to have a period to get pregnant - you need to ovulate.  A period results when an egg is released but not fertilized.  In otherwords, a period is the aftermath that results AFTER an egg is released.  Because you have not had a period in almost 3 months, that means you have not been ovulating for a good portion of that time.  Its possible you ovulated recently though.

Typically the pregnancy hormone can be detected in urine about 2 weeks after conception and a little earlier with a blood test which is a better qualitative and sensitive tool.  Since you had negative results on both tests on 3/11 that strongly suggests you weren't pregnant between 1/24 to around 2/26.  Have you taken a HPT recently?  Its frustrating to have to wait for your appointment until May but if did get pregnant a little later than you thought, a HPT will be very telling at this stage (provided you didnt get pregnant in the last 2 weeks!).
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.