Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

cramping after D&C

I have been cramping for a week like my period wants to come on but no brown discharge that i use to get,only clear. i had my D&C on 8/3 stop cramping 3 days after that and now for a week is it normal whats going on ? and should i get my period on time after the D&C? was due for one on the 18 is the cramping a sign of my period . well its really painful but thought it might be normal after m/c and d&c. is there anyone who had the same problem?
3 Responses
159354 tn?1286371288
I know my first period after my d&e took 7 weeks to show and it wasn't to painful...not compared to the miscarriages I had...(3 total - 2 natural, 1 by d&e)...I just remember it being a very heavy heavy flow.
so did u cramp a long time before your period came on? i really understand u when u say not as painful as the pain from the miscarriage that was very hard for me and that was just my first i pray we never have to do it again but i have much respect for women who had them because until i had one i didnt realize it could be so painful inside and out.
237300 tn?1231458318
I had a m/c and a D and C on June 19th.  I had cramping for a few days but then it went away.  You are supposed to get your period 4-6 weeks after your m/c.  I still have yet to get mine (9 weeks later)...but from what I'm told I'm a rare case.  I also had some cramping and spotting on the 9th and 10th of Aug...and some cramps here and there but no af...
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.