Women's Health: Postpartum Community

cramping after D&C

I have been cramping for a week like my period wants to come on but no brown discharge that i use to get,only clear. i had my D&C on 8/3 stop cramping 3 days after that and now for a week is it normal whats going on ? and should i get my period on time after the D&C? was due for one on the 18 is the cramping a sign of my period . well its really painful but thought it might be normal after m/c and d&c. is there anyone who had the same problem?
I know my first period after my d&e took 7 weeks to show and it wasn't to painful...not compared to the miscarriages I had...(3 total - 2 natural, 1 by d&e)...I just remember it being a very heavy heavy flow.
so did u cramp a long time before your period came on? i really understand u when u say not as painful as the pain from the miscarriage that was very hard for me and that was just my first i pray we never have to do it again but i have much respect for women who had them because until i had one i didnt realize it could be so painful inside and out.
I had a m/c and a D and C on June 19th.  I had cramping for a few days but then it went away.  You are supposed to get your period 4-6 weeks after your m/c.  I still have yet to get mine (9 weeks later)...but from what I'm told I'm a rare case.  I also had some cramping and spotting on the 9th and 10th of Aug...and some cramps here and there but no af...