Women's Health: Postpartum Community

cramps after IVF

I am one day past IVF and am having lower menstrual cramps.  Is this unusual.  Did anyone else's doctor require them to have bedrest for 24 hours?  Thanks for listening.
My doc required limited bedrest for 48 hours.  Could get up to use the loo and eat, that was all.  Yes, the cramps are normal.  Good luck!!!!!
I was told at my fertility clinic that fertility patients tend to cramp more.  I can't remember why that was but the cramping can also be from implantation. I had a lot of that when I got pregnant both times.  Good luck.  The odds are in your favor.  IVF works 50% of the time.  I bet it's working on you.  Take care and let us know what happens.
Thank you for responding so fast.  I am so nervous but I am trying not to think about it but it is so hard.  I have had 8 iui's and have been trying for 2 years.  We purchase the two cycle ivf since I didn't medically qualify for the three cycle refundable plan.  We have spent approximately $25,000 so far.  I am not sure how much more my pocketbook can afford.  Anyway so to ramble on and on.  Good luck to everyone who is trying.

Hey i am currently in the 2ww period after my transfer on thurs, i also had some cramping! I'm hoping this is the one for me! Good luck to us!!!
In my experience it was normal to have cramps throughout the invitro process and with each attempt I was on bedrest for 48 hours. I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant by my 3rd invitro attempt. In fact I had the worst cramps and spotting with my 3rd attempt. If I remember correctly, in speaking with my Dr. regarding the cramps I was told they were on account of the stimulation of the ovaries.
Hey.... I had a friend who went through IVF and I heard that she had horrible cramping..... she also spotted, but now she has triplets!!!!  So, this cramping is probably a normal thing....I have also been through 7 IUI cycles and trying for 2 years... this next cycle we are trying IVF... it's crazy how much it costs!!! It should be free b/c everyone should have a chance to have children... I guess life is not fair..... My SIL is in the process of having her children taken away by Social Services b/c of neglect!!!  I just want to slap her!!! she has no idea, how precious her children are!!!! anyway....good luck to you!!!!
I know it's so upsetting when people are so ungrateful for what they have.  My SIL doesn't appreciate her children either.  If it weren't for my brother, those kids would be lost.  Anyway, good luck to in your adventure.  Let me know when you get started.
I hope it works for you.  Is this your first time?  How many IUI's have you had?  Anyway let me know your turnout.  I hope this is your month.  Good Luck.
I cramped a lot'
good luck
Are you expecting?  Did you also do IVF?
I JUST HAD FIRST IVF CYCLE 10/22/07 I HAVE CRAMPS AND IAM SO CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MY NEXT APOINTMENT WICH IS 10/31/07.
IS THEIR ONY ONE WHO KNOWS SINGS TO WACH
i am in day five after ivf and am having cramps it is so relieving to read all of your postings!  i have been freaking out in my mind!  this is such a scary thing waiting for the pregnancy test!
Would love to hear your outcomes-it will give me hope
kpeveteau
Hi there,
I am 4 days post transfer, we had our 8 cell day 3 embryo placed in on Monday @ 2pm!! We were so happy with the development. The embryologist said it was a beautiful embryo... We had 9 frozen as well, last time we had none to freeze...

I have had cramping but it is not too bad. My breasts are so sore though... We test on 18-4-08, when do you test?

Fingers crossed...

Hi Wakey!  Wow, we are in the same boat!  My hubby and I are going through our first cycle of IVF after 6 IUIs and two years of trying.  My transfer was 4/1/08, 8 cells day 3 embryos too.  The emrbyrologist also said they were beautiful!  It is so exciting and nerveracking at the same time.  I've had menstrual like cramping almost all week and I was starting to worry until I read the posts above.  My RE said this was normal, but anytime I've had cramps, it hasn't been good.  My breasts are also sore, I think it's from all the meds.  AND I developed OHSS, which has been awful.  Today is the first day I've felt better.  
My pg test is 4/15/08.  I WISH everyone LUCK and lots of baby dust!  It will happed for all of us when it's supposed to!
WOW I had my transfer of first IVF 2 embroyo's yesterday 04-06-08. they said quality was "excellent. Mu husband and I have been freaking out on the cramps although mild, I'm having. I feel so much better now. By the way what is OHSS? I too have very very sore breast. I am bound to bedrest to except to eat and go the the bathroom. My doc said not to lifet anything more than a milk gallon for the full two weeks. I miss going to the gym. How are your progesterone shots with the huge needle?
Hi gang!   I had my transfer one week ago today.   My Dr has be going in on Tuesday 4/8 to do my test.   I have been feeling menstral cramps fr the past few days and it has worried me a bit.  It i sgood to hear that others have had the same feelings!   I don't think the progesterone shots are that bad - Because I ice my rear down for a few minutes before my hubby injects me.  I do not feel a thing when he does it when using the ice!   I highly recommend it.   I have also been doign acupuncture treatments along with my IVF.  They say it can't hurt and may help.  I am enjoying it.    
Hello!  CONGRATULATIONS on your successful transfer!  It's always nice to hear the quality of the embyros is "excellent". Ours scored an A-, so we were quite happy!  Good for you for staying on bedrest, I did the same for 24 hours and then took it easy for another 24.  I knew not to lift anything too heavy but I think I need to tone it down.  I lifted groceries yesterday and my laundry basket this morning.  :(  Oops.  I guess I need to ask my hubby to do more.  =D.  OHSS is Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome.  My body kept stimulating even after I stopped the stimulation drugs.  They say if you're going to Hyperstimulate you will do so a few days after retrieval.  Well, my bloating, etc....just got worse and worse after retrieval.  I really thought they were going to cancel my transfer.  Luckily, it didn't get too bad, but progressively kept getting worse AFTER my transfer.  It's been a rough week, BUT, yesterday I started feeling better.  I've had more IVs and blood this week than everything else combined!  I'm still having cramps, but they're definitely mild.  Still, when you feel cramps that FEEL like menstrual cramps, you kind of freak out.  I'm trying to stay positive and not think about it, but it's hard.  

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TEST LWITTE!  I'll be praying for you this week!  Let us know how it goes!  
I am so glad you posted!! We are so close in dates!!! Fingers crossed for you, I hope all your dreams are about to come true!!! I am still having mild cramps just like everyone else... It is killing me the waiting game!! The wait is just so hard... I am doing my best to stay busy but my mind will not switch off at night...

Baby dust to you...
I am wishing you all the best and lots of baby dust!!! You are in my thoughts and I hope all of our dreams are going to come true soon.
Same to you!  I hope you hear wonderful news!  This last week is going to kill me.  Since about saturday, my mind is consumed with this!  I know it's not healthy, but it's kind of hard to ignore it!  Good luck and please let me know how it goes!  I'll do the same!
Hey ladies!  I have another question that isn't really related to ivf cramping, but ivf meds.  My Dr. prescribed prometrium suppositories 3x a time (vaginally) and I'm also on Progesterone in Oil every other day.  Well the prometrium is making me SUPER sensitive and uncomfortable down there.  I was at the Dr. today and asked if this discomfort was normal, they said yes.  But I finally looked and I'm quite red and irritated looking.  The only thing I can think of, is that I'm possibly allergic to something in the drug. I'm calling my doc tomorrow, but was wondering if any of you had experienced side effects if on this drug. THANK YOU!  And I hope I wasn't "too graphic".
Hi there,
I am on Crinone, it is a progesterone gel. I have to place it in twice a day, I am sensitive down there too and feel odd there... On the side effects paperwork it says it is all normal... I would still check due to the redness an irritation though!! I have been doing this since my egg collection so that is 12 days and I do not finish them till this Friday. I am sick of doing it, it is starting to hurt a little. But we are strong and will get through these struggles!!! The waiting is driving me insane...

Take care

xxxx
HI!  THANK YOU for making me feel better!  I'm still going to call my Dr. to let them know I'm really red.  She said yesterday that if I got swollen or anything to let them know.  It's mainly sensitive--this morning it's actually feeling "a little" better.  I've been SOOO tired too!  I NEVER go to bed early and last night I was IN BED ASLEEP before 9!  I think it's all catching up to me.  Again, thanks for the reassurance.  I can't tell you how nice it is, to have someone to talk to who's going through this at the same time as me!  And you're right, WE WILL get through this!  And it will ALL be worth it when we have a sweet little baby of our own!  Talk to you soon!  xxoo!