Women's Health: Postpartum Community

cramps after IVF

I am one day past IVF and am having lower menstrual cramps.  Is this unusual.  Did anyone else's doctor require them to have bedrest for 24 hours?  Thanks for listening.
My doc required limited bedrest for 48 hours.  Could get up to use the loo and eat, that was all.  Yes, the cramps are normal.  Good luck!!!!!
I was told at my fertility clinic that fertility patients tend to cramp more.  I can't remember why that was but the cramping can also be from implantation. I had a lot of that when I got pregnant both times.  Good luck.  The odds are in your favor.  IVF works 50% of the time.  I bet it's working on you.  Take care and let us know what happens.
Thank you for responding so fast.  I am so nervous but I am trying not to think about it but it is so hard.  I have had 8 iui's and have been trying for 2 years.  We purchase the two cycle ivf since I didn't medically qualify for the three cycle refundable plan.  We have spent approximately $25,000 so far.  I am not sure how much more my pocketbook can afford.  Anyway so to ramble on and on.  Good luck to everyone who is trying.

Hey i am currently in the 2ww period after my transfer on thurs, i also had some cramping! I'm hoping this is the one for me! Good luck to us!!!
In my experience it was normal to have cramps throughout the invitro process and with each attempt I was on bedrest for 48 hours. I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant by my 3rd invitro attempt. In fact I had the worst cramps and spotting with my 3rd attempt. If I remember correctly, in speaking with my Dr. regarding the cramps I was told they were on account of the stimulation of the ovaries.
Hey.... I had a friend who went through IVF and I heard that she had horrible cramping..... she also spotted, but now she has triplets!!!!  So, this cramping is probably a normal thing....I have also been through 7 IUI cycles and trying for 2 years... this next cycle we are trying IVF... it's crazy how much it costs!!! It should be free b/c everyone should have a chance to have children... I guess life is not fair..... My SIL is in the process of having her children taken away by Social Services b/c of neglect!!!  I just want to slap her!!! she has no idea, how precious her children are!!!! anyway....good luck to you!!!!
I know it's so upsetting when people are so ungrateful for what they have.  My SIL doesn't appreciate her children either.  If it weren't for my brother, those kids would be lost.  Anyway, good luck to in your adventure.  Let me know when you get started.
I hope it works for you.  Is this your first time?  How many IUI's have you had?  Anyway let me know your turnout.  I hope this is your month.  Good Luck.
I cramped a lot'
good luck
Are you expecting?  Did you also do IVF?
I JUST HAD FIRST IVF CYCLE 10/22/07 I HAVE CRAMPS AND IAM SO CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MY NEXT APOINTMENT WICH IS 10/31/07.
IS THEIR ONY ONE WHO KNOWS SINGS TO WACH