Women's Health: Postpartum Community

cramps at 33 weeks

Hey ladies! I am 33 weeks and I am starting to have period like cramps. DOes this mean my day is getting close. Not due until 1st of Feb. but I am measuring a week and a half big at last appointment but wasn't dialated any or anything. What are some things I should look for and worry about? I don't want to have him too early! Are period cramps normal?
A common reason for cramping around this time of pregnancy is due to dehydration.  Make sure you drink plenty of water 8-10 big glasses a day.  If you start to notice a pattern with the cramps, like they are coming every few minutes, then call your Dr. right away.  Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Hello, I am 34 weeks prego and i am having the same problem. I asked my doctor about it and he told me my uterus was getting ready for labor. He also recommended i drink a big glass of water if I did cramp and that if i got that feelign more than 5x a day to go to the hospital.
Good Luck!!