Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
hey im frustrated i had a d&c 4 weeks ago. me and my husband had intercourse and now im bleeding is that my period or why am i bleeding now?my last periode was on march the 11th any help?
2 Responses
134578 tn?1546634665
It's most likely your period.  A D&C cleans out your uterine lining, so it pretty much re-sets the clock for periods.  The lining would have built up a bit slowly and is now sloughing off.  I would wait another cycle before trying to get pregnant, if that is the plan, because you'll give your uterus a chance to get totally back to normal.
Yeah it is probably your period from what I read your period usally returns about 4 to 8 weeks after a D&C.  There is something about intercourse that helps get the ball rolling with your period if it is close to that time anyway.  I had the same situation except I didn't have a D&C and my miscarriage had been over two months ago.  But almost right after my husband and I had intercourse close to the time I "should" be having my period I had a very heavy flow and it last for about 5 days (normally my periods only last 3). Although since this is your first period after a D&C it most likely will be light.  Do not be alarmed if your next period is heavy than normal for you and if you pass a small amount of clots.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.