Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

engorged breast after pregnancy

I just had a baby a week ago.I have implants and I am not breastfeeding.I guess my milk came in bout two days ago and not only am I in some of the worst pain ever but I am very worried bout my breast and implants.I dont no what to do,Any remedies for engorged breast?How long will this last?Is there anything I can do to stop it or make it quicker?
2 Responses
I have never had a baby but a friend of mine had similar problems although didnt have implants didnt breast feed and had very painful swollen breasts. She was recommended to wrap bandages tightly around breasts each day and take off during night- maybe best to consult your midwife though
1194973 tn?1385507504
Because you're not breastfeeding (which would get rid of the pressure most wonderfully, in addition to quite a few other benefits) you just have to wait for it to go down on it's own. This can take a few months or a few weeks. It varies for each female. Do NOT pump or squeeze any out because you'll make it worse. Wrap something tight around your chest, and you can also use cabbage leaves in your bra to help try and reduce it.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.