Women's Health: Postpartum Community

expired prenatal pills are they safe???

i have prenatal pills from july 2007 expired are they safe to take now
i would get new pills. just to be safe. unless your doctor orders otherwise - they have the generic brands at all the drugstores that are fairly inexpensive.
I prenatal vitamins that expired in February of this year. Is it OK to take them
yes, they're safe (dh is a pharmacist and said ok)
exception- if it's a vitamin with dha in it, the fats may have gone rancid. otherwise, it's fine
Yes they are safe, when I went through the financial issues with my surgery the company that makes my prenatal pill gave me 6 months worth.  They said they were "expired" which meant they couldn't be sold, but would be good through my pregnancy and my nursing time till I ran out.
I have the exact same question mine expired this February and was wondering if I can drink them.
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
62.5k Questions