fetal heart rates

I just went for a scan this morning and im less pregnant than i thought. i must have got my dates wrong and not certain when my LMP actually was. Anyways on my scan im messuring 3mm and thats apparently 5weeks 6 days.
The baby has a feint heartbeat and ive been told im basically left sitting on the fence as no one can predict whats going to happen. Im scared as im also bleeding but very lightly and no pain at all. its brownish in colour to.
What are the chances of me losing this baby? Im really worried and scared as i dont know whats going on.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You'r only 5 weeks 6 days', don't worry.  I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and saw no heartbeat, but at 9 weeks we saw a strong 180 heartbeat, then at 13 weeks we heard a strong 180 heartbeat again!  

You can't see the heartbeat until sometime between 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 weeks.  If you saw a possible faint heartbeat, that's awesome!  The heart dose not start out very fast, so don't worry!

You won't be in the clear until 12 weeks, before that the chances are still pretty low.  Brown bleeding is also not that bad, it's the red that is.  Brown means old blood.  If they didn't see a source of the bleeding then that's good.  
Helpful - 0
Its tough to say.....Ive had a pregnancy start out similar to this one and I miss carried at 7 or 9 wks. My baby was slow in growth progression and also the heartbeat never got about 89. If your chosen path is to carry this child it will grow....if not it may not be the right time in your life. I will say a prayer.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.