I have never had this happen to me personally, but if you have ANY doubts and you can handle waiting it out for a week or two, I'd do that. I'm very sorry for your loss and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
are you sure you are 7wks? IF you have ANY doubts, wait and do another ultrasound. You could've ovulated a week later than you thought and that can be a big difference. I dont want you to get your hopes up but at the same time, I want you to be confident about your decision. This happened to me in May and I didnt do the D&C until I knew 100% that the baby had died. I am sorry you are going through this!!!
i was told at the begining at of pregnacy that i have a blighted ovum but no i am 13 weeks pregnant, if you want to wait, wait, so you don't feel sorry. i waited two weeks, and we saw a HB, when i did the first U/S and they told me that i am 8 weeks prego according to my HCG level but yet i was only 3 weeks some days.
I would wait a few more weeks. There should be no rush to have a d&c. Wait until you are sure so you don't wonder later.
I am sorry you are going through this.