glucose test

hello everyone!
i haven't posted that much , because everyone was kind of getting on everyones nerves,  but i've been here checking things out; anyway, i just have a teeny ?
when are you supposed to have the glucose test, i went to my doctors appt. on tuesday(i am 24 wks)and i thought that's when they tell you to do it, but he didn't tell me, does that mean i may get away with not having to do it?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
How wonderful for you!!! It's nice not to have to think about every little thing you eat. Logan has his first cold right now. It's scary when they sound like they can't breathe. But I took him to the dr. and she said he'll be fine. We are giving him steam and put a wedge under the sheet in the crib. He seems a bit better but not 100%. Thanks for asking. Best of luck to you!
Helpful - 0
i passed the 3 hour glucose. i dont have diabetes. i am still sore on my right side from bruising of the ribs due to to much activities in the day so i have to slow down. thanks for your concern. how is your little one?
Helpful - 0
Best of luck to you on Tuesday! I'll check in at night to see how you made out.
Helpful - 0
thanks! i go in the morning at 8 am. i am 25 weeks on monday and have gained 30lbs now. i know its twins but still i have a long ways to go. i will keep my chin up. let you know on tuesday the results- its my dr. appt. on tuesday.
Helpful - 0
I failed my first test with 146 and with the 3 hour test I failed by 2 points. I was borderline but had to follow the diabetic diet just the same. I'll tell you, in hindsight, it was the best thing that could've happened to me. I had gained 25 pounds by week 20, so I was on course to gain atleast 60 pounds. When I first started the diet I lost 3 pounds and then nothing more for the last 13 weeks. I had a total of 37 pounds for the whole pg. I was back to my pre pg weight 3 weeks after he was born. So, if you fail, don't be too bummed. In the long run it can help keep your weight gain down. Best of luck to you.
Debra :o)
Helpful - 0
Yep with all of mine, they gave me the yummy orange stuff, and I got to take it home and keep it in the fridge, and it tasted sooooo much better cold, I sipped it when it was warm lol just had to see what it tasted like!! But it dosen't taste bad, taste like orange soda with a little bit of extra sugar in it!! Good luck!!
Helpful - 0
mgi
wow keep us posted
Helpful - 0
I didn't think it was bad either,lol. With each of my boys, the test was done differently. With Jonathan I was under instructions not to eat, with Tristan I was supposed to eat (but not Mt. Dew,lol)

As far as the blood sugar being 170, looks like you need the 3 hour test to rule out any errors with the test. Good luck!1

Andi
Helpful - 0
Mine was at 28 weeks and it tasted like soda pop. It wasn't gross.
Helpful - 0
i had mine done some around 5 to 6 months, the doctor gave me some organge fluid that tasted pretty good like organge soda almost, i had to not eat anything for that whole day until i got it then, he also took blood from me early that morning. i would ask my doctor about it.
Helpful - 0
this is great that this question was brought up cause the doctor just called 5 minutes ago and said i failed my test. i am 24w 4d with twins. so now they want me back on sunday morning at 8 am for the 3 hour test. im nervous. i gained 8lbs this week. i have been doing so good until now. please help me. the levels are suppost to be under 140 and mine were 170. how bad is that???
Helpful - 0
Yep, they did mine between 26-28 weeks. It is best to have some warning so you don't muck up the results,lol. The mornign I was surprise diwht mine I hadn't eaten anything, but drank half a MT. Dew (hey, I was dizzy and running late, grabbed the first thing I could out of my fridge and bolted out the door) On the way I realized it was a Dew, but I needed something to avoid passing out ; )

Anyway, hopefully you will get a warning so you can plan accordingly.

Andi
Helpful - 0
Its usually near your 28 week visit.  Can vary by your specific doctors' protocol.
Helpful - 0
When I had my son the doctor never warned me that I was having mine done.  I went in for my appointment and after I sat down in the waiting room, the nurse brought me out the yucky orange stuff.  She told me to drink it down quickly.  

I freaked I thought you had to fast before these things.  The nurse reassured me that they do a more simple test to see if there is a reaction first before they go throught the in depth test.  And since I was having some in depth stuff done that day, I would be there for the time needed to test, and would not have to stay any longer.  

So you may be surprised.  You may just go in and they tell you that you are doing it.  You can ask your Dr. when you go back in though.  I am sure he would be glad to answer your questions.  

Take care,

Amanda
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.