growing

whats the harm in vitamin D milk for a 10 mo old... here's my reasoning agains peditritions

my daughter is 10 mo old and is compleatly off of formula now.i honestly do not see the big deal with taking them off formula a bit early..being on formula till there one is a bit exsesive
     i have  herd it is good to ween them off of formula and not go cold turkey..and doing it cold turkey would result in gastrointestinal bleeding and allergic reactions. and by all means this is my thinking..although iv'e read diffrent, anyway. if u ween them off you clearly can see if there is something wrong with your child or not for example constipation.
       because formula has iron and vitamins that your child needs is the main reason peditritions want them to be on formula till there one years of age but parents who feed there young children 1,2,3 stage gerber food , and gerber graduate foods.. know's if they've ever looked on the back that they get everything they get from formula (iron and vitamins )
well drinking milk before the age of one can cause issues with allergies and their little bodies arent designed for it yet.  10 months is more than a little young its way too young.  milk doesnt have the nutrients they need from either breastmilk or formula, that is the biggest issue here.  foods provide a little bit, but they need more and the fats that are supplied from the formula.  ive never heard of this gastro bleeding you are talking about, are you from other than the USA?  that is a pretty well known fact that cows milk is not given until the age of one.  id consider going back to formula.  i hope i explained myself so you could understand.
I have actually heard that you can give cows milk before the age of one but just as a suppliment.  You are supposed to keep them on the forumla for the DHA and ARA that it has in it.  The nutrients to help the BRAIN and EYES develop.  AJ does get milk here and there (mostly because he grabs and drinks another kids cup before I can take it away from him) and has not had any allergies, but I dont want to risk him not getting the nutrients to make him develop correctly.  This is your personal opinion and you are entitled to do whatever you like with your child, but I think most people here on this forum will agree that forumla or breastmilk is best until age 1 for the brain and eye developmental factors amoung other issues.  
the allergies dont show up the minute after it takes years sometimes, did with my sis.  i just feel that an OPINION this strong and this misinformed should be written in a journal rather than on a post.  
I didnt realize it took years for the allergy to form.  This is actually very scary because the allergy is there.  With most allergies, every time you ahve an attack it gets worse.  Therefor baby is probably having some sort of symptom that you dont know and if you keep feeding it to him it will continually get worse.  You are right about the journal!  Either way, allergies or no allergies, there are still things in forumal that babies need until age 1!
perty- that was my concern. this is someone who clearly recognizes that she is going against pediatrician's advice, and admits she's going against what she's read. for some reason she started a thread to rationalize giving cow's milk too early. it's not "a bit early"- it's 2 months early. 2 months to a 10 month old is 1/5 of her lifespan!!!
and when you compare the gerber foods to formula, it is not the same. the baby would need A LOT of the gerber foods to get the same nutrition, and most infants simply can't take that much food.
i'm not going to argue or try to convince her otherwise- obviously she's already made the choice for her child. i just hope that anyone reading this in the future will recognize this as someone rationalizing something that goes against all credible recommendations for infants. i am sure most babies in that situation would be ok, but that is a risk i would never take in such important months.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.