A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
257316 tn?1199655583

hcg levels

ok my question is i started what i thought to be an early period on july 10 and it lasted until the 29th for some reason which has never happened before i always have heavy 7-9 day periods this one lasted weeks but never got as heavy as a normal period.On the 2nd of August it started again only it was light like spotting and stopped on the 5th i had a blood pg test done at the er on the 2nd which came back negative but if it was implantation bleeding would it come back positive or was it to early? And any ideas on what i should go by for caculating my period should i go by the 10th of july or the second of August as my last period im confused  

9 Responses
If that was implantation bleeding then it would be too early to show up on a test. It usually takes 7-10days after implantation to show up positive.
257316 tn?1199655583
But i would be able to test now right and get a positive result or no?
I would say yes. If that in fact was implantation bleeding it should definitely show on a pregnancy test now. Go out and get one and keep us updated.
257316 tn?1199655583
Thanks this has been really bothering me and no one has responed but you! I will get a test asap and let you know. Im really not stupid but ive never had anything like this happen to me and thats why its so confusing the long period and then it starting back up like that but only spotting if thats what you want to call it was just nothing ive been thru im 27 and actually have 2 boys 6 and 8 and feel stupid asking things like this cause i never had that problem with either of them and cant go by symptoms cause i never had any with those 2 pregnancies at all
Well it's kinda like women who count their pregnancy from their LMP and that works for a lot of women, but for some it doesn't and they freak when they have their first u/s and there isn't much there. It's not cause there is something wrong always, but because the ovulated later. That actually happened to me. Every pregnancy can be different and develops different questions and concerns.... Sorry no one has answered you sooner....
257316 tn?1199655583
i've reposted a million times lol i figured sooner or later someone would answer me. How is your pregnancy coming along i see you dont have long to go till your due date is in 7 weeks right?
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.