healthy pregnancy after d & c

I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks but they said i had lost the baby at 6 weeks. I had a d & c on March 24. it is now April 23 and I had a positive pregnancy test. Am I pregnant or is it still my hcg levels are high? Also is there anyone who had a healthy pregnancy so quickly after having a d & c?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
my friend had a miscarriage and a d&c and she got pregnant pretty much straight away, after the bleeding stopped from the d&c she ovulated 2weeks after, and now she has a beautiful baby girl. thats happened to her twice. she has 4 girls and had 4 miscarriages. i am miscarrying at the moment naturally but have to go to the dr on tuesday and see weather or not he thinks i need an ultrasound to see if it all came away and if i dont have to have a d&c im hoping me and my partner can try again in 2weeks and be sucessful like my friend was. good luck i hope all goes well for u!
Helpful - 0
Well I didn't get pregnant again that soon but I am now after losing my angel in Aug of last year @ 5.2wks. Within a month your hcg should be much lower if not completely back to normal. Did your doc do blood work a week or so later after your d&c? If so they could tell you if they returned to normal. I'm sure you and the baby will be just fine. Having a m/c before doesn't affect your future pregnancies.
Good luck to you and yours!! ;))
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.