Women's Health: Postpartum Community

heartburn

Good morning ladies,  I could not comment in the section I needed to because there was alot of confusion with people going back and forward with eachother and I did not want to get in the middle.  Anyway I was wondering how would I know if I had a UTI or not.  I went to thr dr. and it is a number of things.  Yes it is UTI, but it is also the bath supply that I use.  Even though
I drink alot of water I do have my share of sweets, juices, and sodas which are not at all good for me.  

Today my question is about heartburn.  I have pain in my chest, but it really isn't a burning sensation.  I know this sounds really stupid, but is this heartburn or what?
Also you guys I can not get any sleep from tossing and turning ALL NIGHT!  I put a pillow between my legs, behind my back and atleast two under my neck.  Does anyone know a position I can try.  Its bad enough I will probably not get much sleep when the baby is born, but I really need to get some rest now.  PLEASE HELP ME.
I wonder if it could be indigestion.  I did not think you had chest pain with heartburn but I could be wrong.  Everyone is different.  I know when I have it it is always a burning feeling and I hate it.  Good luck to you - Keep an eye on things.
Sorry did not know you were expecting - Congrats to you - How far along are you???  If you are almost at the end I hate to tell you there is probably NOT much you can do.  I use to have to go to the sofa or the recliner and almost sleep in a sitting position.  Try that and see if it helps.
No it's not stupid..... it may be heartburn. I would check with your dr people can only give advice here. Better safe than sorry good luck with you pregnancy
I am 31 wks 4 days.  I can not lay on my back because then it feels like Im choking.  If I lay on either one of my sides to long my hips hurt.  I mean if its not one thing its another.  With me not getting any sleep, having chest pains, and a UTI you can only imagine.  I am not a happy girl.  I never went through anything like this with DS and thats why I knew I was having a girl.
You are right.  I call my dr almost every day.  I know he is there to help me, but I try not to get on his nerves with my phone calls.  You know what I mean?  With the problems I am having today I don't care if I get on his nerves or not I am going in his office as soon as I leave work.  I should not have come in this morning, but I am too dedicated to my work as my DH say. LOL
UTI..symptoms can include frequent urinating, or the feeling of it, burning while urinating,  drink lots of water, cranberry juice, Pregnant women are more prone to it also..
As for heartburn, thats common too in pregnancy. You tend not to be comfortable as the pregnancy progresses due to added weight what ever posititon is comfortable take it!.Usually they say sleeping on the left side is best for baby when your further along.
Ask a question any time!
Thats what your dr is there for. If you feel you shouldn't be at work go home. To many women try to suffer and there is no need for it be good to yourself and listen to your body. Good luck
corykis,  I have tried sleeping on my left side, but my hips hurt soooo bad.  i bought a chase to try and sleep on but I cannot find comfort in that either.  I just break out and cry because I am tired of the pain and I need sleep.  As far as the fluid intake I drink alot of water and I thought thats why I was urinating alot.  My stomache has not dropped at all I am still carrying my baby rather high  which also makes it hard for me to breathe.

Moonflower,  You sound just like my DH. LOL.  I am going home in about another hour I just hate being behind in my work.  I hope my kids grow up with the same mind set. LOL
You dh i think that is husband is sensible for a guy. you should listen to us.
You are right.  He is and he is also very supportive.  He is kind of hilarious about it, but right now he is a pain in my rear.  I can not stand him sometimes.  Is it my hormones?  I love him with all my heart, but I looked at him this morning, looked at my stomache and got really angry with him. LOL
When am I suppose to drop and shouldn't she be head down now?