Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

how come lmp date and ultrasound dates are so far off?

Last menstral Aug.23,2015 and show to be 11 w 4 d and ultrasound shows less than 5 weeks?
3 Responses
My hcg levels and fetel measurements say less than 5 weeks?
13167 tn?1327194124
Did your doctor discuss the possibility that you've had a blighted ovum (early miscarriage)?  If you've known you were pregnant for more than a couple weeks,  it doesn't sound like you were just late ovulating and this is a viable pregnancy.  What tests are scheduled next?

Best wishes.  I had two blighted ova and 3 healthy babies - it's hard.
2 Comments
I did numerous hpt and all neg. on Nov. 5 was first + pt at Dr but was very faint +. on Nov 10 went to er because of lower back and hip pain thought it might be mc but Dr said that I was less than 5 weeks and hcg and ultrasound results confirmed same results? how could I be less if lmp date says 11 weeks? I have Dr appt on Thursday with my ob to see what she says wish me luck
more hcg test? three days
13167 tn?1327194124
If you never got a positive until after Nov. 5,  it seems more hopeful you just aren't very far along.  If you had gotten strong positives at the end of September this would be much more concerning.

You may have skipped a period and are just now 5 weeks pregnant.  LMP dating of a pregnancy is often very inaccurate for just that reason - and if you don't have a + pregnancy test matching the LMP you really can't trust the LMP.  

I think you'll be able to know a lot more next Thursday.  Best wishes.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.