Women's Health: Postpartum Community

ivf cycle 2-pregnancy tested 10 days after tranfer

Transfer was on 7/31/06 had to wait 30 min. before discharged.
Was put on strict bed rest (only bathroom) for 24hr. Was told to have no sex light exercise(walking)could go back to normal activities-that blood flow after 24 hrs is healthier to the uterus than being in bed 48hrs. Bowel movements and sneezing/coughing will have no effect on implantation. Is this true should I had been on bed rest longer????  Was told pregnancy test will be done 14 days after transfer. I cheated did a home test 10 days after- mid morning (not 1st urine) came back negative-is this a false negative did I jump too soon could i still be pregnant 3days from now???????
A pregnancy test either by blood or urine is not performed until at least 16 days after the hCG injection is given. The reason for this is because the hormone that is detected in a pregnancy test is beta hCG. The injection that triggers your ovulation is hCG. If you were to perform a urine or a blood pregnancy test prior to the 14 days after the hCG injection, you will get a false positive result.
so...was this a false negative?!!
Yes it might be! I know it's hard but try to wait, i have 11 days to go before i can be tested. It's killing me, but i know i have to wait. Good luck sweetie!
oh thank you...I'm typing thru my tears!!! This is my 1st time on any type of forum and I've been looking for some gleam of hope good part of the day. I goofed in my question I took the test 11 days after transfer (TODAY!) I see the Dr. THIS Monday the 14th for actual test.  I wish you lot's of luck as well...
try not to get stressed...like that's not stressfull hearing LOL :)
You will have a much more accurate result by day 14. Don't give up yet. You did test pretty early, and that can give you a false negative. Hoping the best for you.
I hope so but I got SOME symptoms boobs sore mostly in the morning then not as bad during the day slight discomfort (normal???), husband thinks boobs are bigger (I don't) feel like AF is coming sometimes not allot but it's there, started getting headaches last night went to bed early woke up middle of the night still pounding and frequent peeing.  All that said I read progesterone (shots i still take nightly) cause FALSE pg symptoms...true???
Hi there.. when I did FET I remember that until the 13th day after the transfer I saw a very faint second line, and the next day was a little darker, but yes it is too early for you to see anything, thats why they do the blood test on the 14th day of transfer.  The reason why you are feeling your boobs sore and cramping is because of the progesterone shots.  It is normal to feel like that.  Good luck to you and your husband.
I dont know nething about ivf, but with this pg I got a neg. on the day after af was due, and four days later got a positive.  Good luck, I will be praying for you, hope to hear about your bfp next week!!!!!!
if you didn't have hcg shot then you are ok to test
we test 9 days post transfer at my res
and HPTs work soon.
My RE says rest for at least 48 hours, some say 72 hours  (my first REs said 24)
I think it is a guessing game for all of them
last pregnancy I had IVF, three days of strict bed rest, then beta on day 10 post transfer was 467
best of luck keep us posted
You know I will not give negative advise however I will give advise based upon MY OWN EXPERIENCE afterall its ADVICE and may or may not hold NO TRUTH.  I had IVF (5day transfer) on 3/10 and was to wait til 3/24 to have a test (FRIDAY)  On either Tues/Wed night I wiped and there was light pink blood.  I was so scared.  I called the doctor and they told me to come in for my preg. test on Thurs rathar than Friday.  That night I went home bought a cheap CVS brand ept test...in a matter of seconds....it gave me a positive reading...I went in that next day and it was confirmed I was preg!  3 days before!  3 days prior, in my opinion really isn't going to make that much of a difference.  I'm lucky...only transfered 1 eggy and it worked.  First attempt.  I'm 24wk and 1 day today.  Good luck.
THANK YOU ALL for answering-Please keep fingers crossed and toes and anything else for me until monday at 10:15AM 8/14th!!!

Projectbaby: I too like your name...for me it wasn't everyday but once or twice a week for blood the sooner your follicles start getting larger the more visits happen.  Hope your work sched. is flex they don't give you really a notice and they need to see you in the mornings so the blood can be sent off  to get results fast. Again it depends on how quick you respond.  The 1st round was VERY different for me.  I only had 8 follicles and wasn't able to freeze ANY only 3 for transfer they were OK  quality (1=A, 2nd=B-, 3rd=C) But especially my estrogen levels were only in the 400's This time I had 26 follicle (the more the better) and froze 11 transfered again 3 but all A's!!! My estrogen was in the 1000's (where it is suppose to be)Felt NO pain the first round ...this one - was I in for a shock HURT LIKE HELL (recovery)
Yes interested in the study pass it on please!
Hello....I love your nickname!!! I would love to har more about your IVF process... I will be starting this soon and I have soooo mnay questions....I.E. - do you need to go daily for blood testing????  I live 1 hour away from my Dr.!!!    
anyway, back to your question... I think you need to wait to test, b/c if you took an hCG shot you will need to wait...Good luck to you and I am hoping that you are preggo as we speak!!!  What a great feeling!!!  Keep positive!!!   Oh, I have a study that was sone with hypnosis and IVF if you are interested... thought it was great!!!  again....sticky, sticky, baby dust to you!!!
I had a day 3 transfer, progestrone shots , asprin and prenatal vitamin aswell.  I have no nails to bite and short of knocking myself out I'm going insane waiting...Oh I'm breaking out on my chin Not usual for me is that the shots or another pg symptom????
That's really interesting I guess it makes sense it calms/relaxes you...hey if it works what the hell.  If they told me to stand on my head at 3:00pm every day after transfer guess what haha I'd do it!!!

About 30hrs 'til Dr. appt. but who's counting.....
Thanks for the information... I work in a school that is an hour and a half away from my Dr. so, I guess they will have to be flexible...so I guess I need to let them know ASAP... I also read in a book that IVF is considered a medical condition and you can be on disability... (not sure I would do this-but if it's necessary, then I guess I will)

The study:  it's called:  Impact of hypnosis during embryo transfer on the outsome of in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer: a cas control study.
    --it was in a mag. called Fertility and Sterility  , May 2006
My sister who is a Physician Assistant heard about this on CNN and told me to look into it.... so I went on www.google.scholar.com and typed in the title....and there it was...it's only about 5 pages... and to get it I had to pay $30.oo for a copy!!!  All in all, it states that hypnosis is a positive thing for IVF...actually one of the sentences clearly states:  "A significantly higher pregnancy rate was observed in the hypnosis group compared with the regular ET cycles.".. It also said"  We can hypothisize that hypnosis releives the sensation of stress and thereby reduces the uterine cavity and improves the interaction between the embryo and the uterus while increasing the chances of embryo implantation"....   that is just a little bit about the article.... ALSO when they talk about hypnosis, they want the patient to "choose a very pleasant life experience to relive during ET."......
     I hope this helps a little bit. I thought that this was sooo interesting so I am going to do this starting next week (hypnosis).....  I am an anxious person to begin with, so whatever helps, I am all for it!!!!    Good luck to you and I can't wait to hear about yourBFP!!!!!!   Jacquie
I just wanted to share my IVF experience and ask a few questions if I could. Did you have a day 3 or a day 5 transfer. Are you on progesterone shots or suppositories and are you on aspirin and folic acid daily. I did IVF twice and the second time I started to spot around the 11th day. I freaked and called the clinic. I was told it was too early to test and that I should wait until at least 13 days post transfer. I got a HPT and it had a paint positive. I must have gone to that bloody pharmacy 10 times and tested another 10 times, all positive. When I went to the clinic, they confirmed it was positive but I had to repeat the test 3 more times before I was told it was o.k. I really don't know but I think it might be too early for you to test. I think the a day 3 vs a day 5 might make a difference. I know it will be hell until Monday but stay hopeful. I hope it all works out for you.
This is my first time posting on this board......So...........we are 9 days post embryo transfer and I am a nervous, depressed mess.  This is our first attempt.........I will be 40 in September, and we have a 5 year old daughter, conceived naturally.......had 19 eggs retrieved; 18 fertilized, and 4 were transferred of grade "a" quality (God - I feel like a hen).....was having some breast tenderness during the first week post-transfer, and it has now completely gone away..........I am fearing the worst..............Does anyone have any experience with the breast tenderness disappearing, and not correlating to a negative preg. test???
Kia Ora (Maori for hello) from NZ  I am just three days post transfer. 10 eggs were collected, 9 fertilised, only 2 made it to the transfer the rest fragmented.  I am going insane, feeling my boobs as they feel tender which is usually a sign I am getting my period, I also have low grade abdo pain.  Is this normal???  I am taking 600mg of Progesterone a day, not by injection, here we are given it as pessaries.  This is my one shot at IVF so I am climbing the wall thinking I am pre menstral. Does anyone have any similar experiences?? Please help I need some sleep.
First of all, hello to everyone.

Second, I would like to know if luvbabies did test positive at the doc's office. I hope you did!!! If you didn't, then it's ok.  Do not give up hope. I know it is hard.  My DH and I have been trying for 2 years (IUIs) and we just had our first IVF with ICSI(test is on Friday). The whole experience has been an emotional rollercoster not to mention expensive!!

Overhere: Your symptoms are perfectly normal.  I too had (and still have at 8dpt) breast tenderness, soreness and cramping in my lower abdo(especially when I go to the restroom).  I have done lots of research and talked to people that had IVF, and what I have concluded is that everyone has experienced similar symptoms. So, get some sleep and hang in there. I know the 2ww is a long long time but eventually it goes by... Best wishes!!!
Hello.  I am on my second IVF cycle (IVF due to male infertilty factor).  My first cycle earlier this year, I yielded 5 eggs, 4 of which fractured.  I had one to transfer, the quality was mid to low.  I was put on the HCG injections, the nurse told me under the table that I could do a home pregnancy test one week after I finished the shots (the blood test was scheduled for two weeks).  The home test was positive, as well as the blood test the week after.  The baby's heartbeat was a week late to show up, then it disappeared, I was diagnosed with fetal demise and scheduled for a D & C, unfortunatly nature took it's course at 9 weeks, before medicine could.   I had my second transfer Aug 23rd, this time I was placed on Estrace pills post transfer and not the HCG injections.  The nurse said she didn't know of any particular day that would be advisable under the table to take the home test.  I have my blood test 9/5 with results coming back 9/6, I took a home pregancy test yesterday and it was negative.  I'm not sure if this will be true for the blood results on Wed, we'll see.  I yielded 20 eggs on this transfer, 7 fractured, 1 too immature, 1 too mature and 1 died.  Afer the second day in the lab, 8 had fertilized and 2 had arrested.  I transfered two high quality and highly cell divided eggs.  I am 30.

The waiting game is horrible.  And if anyone has been put on the estrogen supplements vs the HCG injections please let me know. I have been an emotional mess....it's not like I am lacking estrogen, so the supplements ontop of what I have normally is makeing me an emotional trainwreck.
Hi, thanks for your words of encouragement.  I could not stand it any longer so went to my GP today. I have a urinary tract infection which was causing the lower abdo pain.  She said this is quite common in women that have had IVF.  Gave me some anitbiotics and said I should feel better in a few days.  She also said women should be encouraged to drink about 3 litres of water a day after IVF treatment to reduce the risk of infections in the urinary tract.  Breast tenderness, cramping etc are all common symptoms following embryo transfer, so she helped to ease some anxiety.  The two week wait is torture, but I am back at work so that helps the time to fly by.  All the best to everyone from sunny New Zealand.
Well, my pregnancy test was negative.  Insurance feels that a 'transfer' is considered IVF.  So if I have the remaining frozen put in I will have exhausted my final attempt.  So a fresh cycle is recommended.  To pay out of pocket transfer of frozen embryos is about $3,000, vs the higher cost of an IVF cycle.  I have contacted another fertility center and thankfully they are able to transfer my frozen embryos.  They also feel that my embryos should have been taken to the blastocyte level.  So I'll now begin my last journey in the IVF process.  I really feel for everyone who goes through this.  It is just such an emotional and physical roller coaster.
Hello everyone....  I'm a new member. I need help I had FET on Thursday 8/31 and my blood test is on Monday 9/11. I know I should of waited at least the day before my blood test BUT I DIDN'T, I took a Home pregnancy test yesterday (5dpt) and it was negative.. I'm so devasted... I feel so negative just to think that I'm not pregnant... I know I shouldn't feel like this because their can be hope.... Please tell me what you guys think..... Good Luck to everyone!!!!!!!