Women's Health: Postpartum Community

ivf cycle 2-pregnancy tested 10 days after tranfer

Transfer was on 7/31/06 had to wait 30 min. before discharged.
Was put on strict bed rest (only bathroom) for 24hr. Was told to have no sex light exercise(walking)could go back to normal activities-that blood flow after 24 hrs is healthier to the uterus than being in bed 48hrs. Bowel movements and sneezing/coughing will have no effect on implantation. Is this true should I had been on bed rest longer????  Was told pregnancy test will be done 14 days after transfer. I cheated did a home test 10 days after- mid morning (not 1st urine) came back negative-is this a false negative did I jump too soon could i still be pregnant 3days from now???????
A pregnancy test either by blood or urine is not performed until at least 16 days after the hCG injection is given. The reason for this is because the hormone that is detected in a pregnancy test is beta hCG. The injection that triggers your ovulation is hCG. If you were to perform a urine or a blood pregnancy test prior to the 14 days after the hCG injection, you will get a false positive result.
so...was this a false negative?!!
Yes it might be! I know it's hard but try to wait, i have 11 days to go before i can be tested. It's killing me, but i know i have to wait. Good luck sweetie!
oh thank you...I'm typing thru my tears!!! This is my 1st time on any type of forum and I've been looking for some gleam of hope good part of the day. I goofed in my question I took the test 11 days after transfer (TODAY!) I see the Dr. THIS Monday the 14th for actual test.  I wish you lot's of luck as well...
try not to get stressed...like that's not stressfull hearing LOL :)
You will have a much more accurate result by day 14. Don't give up yet. You did test pretty early, and that can give you a false negative. Hoping the best for you.
I hope so but I got SOME symptoms boobs sore mostly in the morning then not as bad during the day slight discomfort (normal???), husband thinks boobs are bigger (I don't) feel like AF is coming sometimes not allot but it's there, started getting headaches last night went to bed early woke up middle of the night still pounding and frequent peeing.  All that said I read progesterone (shots i still take nightly) cause FALSE pg symptoms...true???
Hi there.. when I did FET I remember that until the 13th day after the transfer I saw a very faint second line, and the next day was a little darker, but yes it is too early for you to see anything, thats why they do the blood test on the 14th day of transfer.  The reason why you are feeling your boobs sore and cramping is because of the progesterone shots.  It is normal to feel like that.  Good luck to you and your husband.
I dont know nething about ivf, but with this pg I got a neg. on the day after af was due, and four days later got a positive.  Good luck, I will be praying for you, hope to hear about your bfp next week!!!!!!
if you didn't have hcg shot then you are ok to test
we test 9 days post transfer at my res
and HPTs work soon.
My RE says rest for at least 48 hours, some say 72 hours  (my first REs said 24)
I think it is a guessing game for all of them
last pregnancy I had IVF, three days of strict bed rest, then beta on day 10 post transfer was 467
best of luck keep us posted
You know I will not give negative advise however I will give advise based upon MY OWN EXPERIENCE afterall its ADVICE and may or may not hold NO TRUTH.  I had IVF (5day transfer) on 3/10 and was to wait til 3/24 to have a test (FRIDAY)  On either Tues/Wed night I wiped and there was light pink blood.  I was so scared.  I called the doctor and they told me to come in for my preg. test on Thurs rathar than Friday.  That night I went home bought a cheap CVS brand ept test...in a matter of seconds....it gave me a positive reading...I went in that next day and it was confirmed I was preg!  3 days before!  3 days prior, in my opinion really isn't going to make that much of a difference.  I'm lucky...only transfered 1 eggy and it worked.  First attempt.  I'm 24wk and 1 day today.  Good luck.
THANK YOU ALL for answering-Please keep fingers crossed and toes and anything else for me until monday at 10:15AM 8/14th!!!

Projectbaby: I too like your name...for me it wasn't everyday but once or twice a week for blood the sooner your follicles start getting larger the more visits happen.  Hope your work sched. is flex they don't give you really a notice and they need to see you in the mornings so the blood can be sent off  to get results fast. Again it depends on how quick you respond.  The 1st round was VERY different for me.  I only had 8 follicles and wasn't able to freeze ANY only 3 for transfer they were OK  quality (1=A, 2nd=B-, 3rd=C) But especially my estrogen levels were only in the 400's This time I had 26 follicle (the more the better) and froze 11 transfered again 3 but all A's!!! My estrogen was in the 1000's (where it is suppose to be)Felt NO pain the first round ...this one - was I in for a shock HURT LIKE HELL (recovery)
Yes interested in the study pass it on please!