A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

long weird cycle

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has ever had a cycle similar to the one I am having.  My cycles are always 25-27 days.  I ovulate between days 13 and 16.  I charted for about a year and finally gave up about 6 months ago because it was driving me crazy.  I started charting again in the middle of this last cycle because I felt ready to try it again.  The year that I charted, my coverline was always between 97.5 and 97.7.  So when I started charting this time on CD 10 my temp was 98.2 and has been consistently higher than any other coverline temp every day except a couple that dipped to 97.5.  My last period was only 3 days long (usually 5-7 days) and I only had a my regular flow on 1 of those days.  The rest were mostly spotting.  Then it stopped altogether for 1 day.  A day later I started spotting very lightly for 2 days.  After that I was able to find traces of blood in my cervical mucus a couple of random days.  I am now on day 22 and still no sign of ovulation.  In the year that I charted I always ovulated.  I also have had three different phases of egg white mucus, but the fertile mucus does not match up with the position and feel of my cervix.  Oh, also I have been having much more mucus than I have ever had before.  I always have to check my cervix for mucus, but for about 4 weeks it has been very plentiful.  I took a pregnancy test about a week ago, but it was a bfn.  Does anyone have any insight?  I would appreciate any thoughts.  I was told a year and a half ago that I have very high fsh, but then it dropped down to normal levels.  Thank you in advance for your help.
2 Responses
189192 tn?1261341628
have you tried taking an hpt?  You never know..I've heard of people have light af their whole pg..

good luck to you..
Thank you for your reply.  I took a hpt about a week ago and it was negative.  I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy except that I'm pretty tired, but that's probably because of the long work days.  I'm afraid to take another test because they are so expensive and they are always negative.  My husband and I have been ttc for over 2 years.  We are in our mid 20's and we have no children yet.  Sorry to lay this all out on you, but it's nice to just get it out.  I guess I'll wait out this cycle and see what happens.  Thanks again, I really appreciate it!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.