Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

lose skin hanging after childbirth

ive recently had a baby 2 days ago...last night i noticed i have a bit of lose skin hanging from the inside of the vagina...its not painful nor is the bleeding any different..what could this be?
3 Responses
I've never given birth naturally (DD was c/section) so I can't really say for sure..........but it sounds like stretching from giving birth and doing your pelvic floor exercises may help tone up loose skin again.
I would ask your midwife for advice if you're overly worried!!

Good Luck and congratulations on your new baby.

Hayley xx
hey my sister had that rite after birth too...it all went away after a month or so she was also worried..it will go back i dont wanna say completely but envutally it will! good luck and congrats on the baby.
i dont see how you looked, well that soon, i wated atleast a month first. and now that she is 10 weeks saturday, and now it looks almost like it use to. just do the tighting exercises, ummm keegels(sp?) i believe it is.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.