Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

lower back pain

hi everyone, i'm having intermittent lower back pain. no cramping or bleeding, just a dull ache on and off. is this normal? I'm 7 weeks on wednesday, thanks HOpe
13 Responses
Hope,  I can't answer if it is normal or not, or whether its good or not but I've had the same feelings intermittent myself.  They usually ease up if I lay down.  But I worry about every little thing, I think I'm driving my family nuts, my dh asked the doc last week if they could just put me into a coma for the next nine months.  I'm praying for all of us!  kirsten
ha ha!! your hubby might have a great idea about the coma! well i have been reading and i think its normal. how far along are you again? i dont remember. anyway thanks. Hope
Girl!!!! Wait several weeks and you will wish fervently for a coma!!! I am 24 weeks pregnant and I have a 3 year old so I bend over approximately 5000 times per day and there are days when my back spasms all day long!!!!! I am at the point in pregnancy where I am really pretty comfortable, not barfing anymore etc but the pain in my back is HELL!!! I just sit down and cry some nights my back hurts soooo bad and I have a mere 16 weeks to go!!! So hang in there it will get worse!!! LOL Ginger
bless your heart!! as long as it's normal, i dont mind. lower back pain is also a familiar sign of miscarriage. when i lost my first child i had really bad lower back pain. this dosn't hurt like that though, and i read that during these weeks the baby is burrowing down in the uterus and that can causes soem pain. thanks! Hope
I will be 8 weeks tomorrow, but it feels like 80.  I just spend so much time worrying, hoping and counting the days.  Hopefully we will be one week apart for the next 32ish weeks.  Kirsten
Hope, I think about you and pray for you often. I know you have had alot of losses and I dearly hope you get to be where I am and your back hurts like hell because I know you will just be grateful. How far did you get in your previous pregnancies? Every time I see a post from you and realize you are still okay I smile. Good Luck and know that there are people pulling for you. Ginger Ps Have you been to the doctor yet?
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.