Women's Health: Postpartum Community

lower back pain

hi everyone, i'm having intermittent lower back pain. no cramping or bleeding, just a dull ache on and off. is this normal? I'm 7 weeks on wednesday, thanks HOpe
Hope,  I can't answer if it is normal or not, or whether its good or not but I've had the same feelings intermittent myself.  They usually ease up if I lay down.  But I worry about every little thing, I think I'm driving my family nuts, my dh asked the doc last week if they could just put me into a coma for the next nine months.  I'm praying for all of us!  kirsten
ha ha!! your hubby might have a great idea about the coma! well i have been reading and i think its normal. how far along are you again? i dont remember. anyway thanks. Hope
Girl!!!! Wait several weeks and you will wish fervently for a coma!!! I am 24 weeks pregnant and I have a 3 year old so I bend over approximately 5000 times per day and there are days when my back spasms all day long!!!!! I am at the point in pregnancy where I am really pretty comfortable, not barfing anymore etc but the pain in my back is HELL!!! I just sit down and cry some nights my back hurts soooo bad and I have a mere 16 weeks to go!!! So hang in there it will get worse!!! LOL Ginger
bless your heart!! as long as it's normal, i dont mind. lower back pain is also a familiar sign of miscarriage. when i lost my first child i had really bad lower back pain. this dosn't hurt like that though, and i read that during these weeks the baby is burrowing down in the uterus and that can causes soem pain. thanks! Hope
I will be 8 weeks tomorrow, but it feels like 80.  I just spend so much time worrying, hoping and counting the days.  Hopefully we will be one week apart for the next 32ish weeks.  Kirsten
Hope, I think about you and pray for you often. I know you have had alot of losses and I dearly hope you get to be where I am and your back hurts like hell because I know you will just be grateful. How far did you get in your previous pregnancies? Every time I see a post from you and realize you are still okay I smile. Good Luck and know that there are people pulling for you. Ginger Ps Have you been to the doctor yet?