Women's Health: Postpartum Community

miscarriage

hi,i had a miscarriage today,i was in my 13th week of pregnancy according to my LMP but in the U/S it was showing 9 weeks of preg sac whereas the foetus stopped developing after the 7th week.its a heartbreaking experience,i had v.heavy bleeding with clots and lumps accompanied by severe pain in the lower abdomen and back.i would like to know as to how long will the bleeding last so as to confirm that the miscarriage is complete.and when can i restart my attempts to get pregnant again.if anyone of u have gone thru a similar situation might suggest me.
You could bleed for 2-4 weeks after a miscarriage.  Your doctor will tell you when it is safe to attempt to get pregnant again.

I'm so sorry for your loss.