Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

miscarriage

I found out at 10 weeks of pregnancy i had miscarried at 7 weeks..(no heartbeat) and did not bleed it out the way i should have. I had a d&c around a 2 weeks ago,although i didnt bleed at all the first 5 days after the d&c,but now im bleeding alot and passing huge clots is this normal?
12 Responses
60890 tn?1366361719
firstly, sorry to hear about your loss. after my d&c (i was 8 weeks pregnant at the time) i bled from once the procedure had happened for about a fortnight. i passed some fairly sizeable clots too and it got quite painful as i passed them. i would say yes it is normal.
Normal hun
Do the doctors know why you had a miscarriage?  Did you have excessive bleeding during the pregnancy?
246850 tn?1246163948
Very sorry to hear of your loss. I have never been thro this. Keeping you in my thoughts ((hugs))
233053 tn?1321647421
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is normal, but the heavy bleeding should not continue for more that 2 weeks. Although the bleeding might continue on and off, but the heavy bleeding should subside as the time pass.
No,i didnt bleed at all the whole 11 weeks infact there wasnt any sign to warn me the fetus had been gone since the 8th week... there isnt any real ansewer for the miscarriage except that something must have been wrong with the fetus cromozonally.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.