morning sickness at NIGHT?

good day ladies. i amjust wondering if any of you experienced nausea at 3 a.m.? i sure do, for 2 weeks now i wake up around 3 in the morning with nasty nausea and it feels like i ate paper.  is this normal pregnancy symptoms or esophegeal problems? i am exactly 8 weeks today.

sienna
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
WELL I HAD MORNING SICKNESS ALL DAY, EVERYDAY FOR MY WHOLE NINE MONTHS SO FOR THOSE WHOSE LASTED 3 MOTNHS OR LESS Y'ALL ARE LUCKY LOL TRUST ME IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOMRAL FOR YOU TO HAVE MORNING SICKNESS AT ANYTIME OF THE DAY, IT IS SO NORMAL MY DOC DIDNT GIVE ME ANYTHING TO EASE IT UNTIL I WAS 6 MONTHS OR SO LOL YOUR ARE SOOO PREGNANT LOL GOOD LUCK GIRL I HOPE IT EASES

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ A BOOK CALLED WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN UR EXPECTING IT HAS EVERYTHING U NEED TO KNOW, I AM SURE ITS A BIBLE TO MOST MOTHERS HERE LOL :) ENJOY YOUR PREGNANCY !!!!!
Helpful - 0
Morning sickness isn't always felt in the morning.  And it's not always vomiting.  You can feel morning sickness at any time of the day, or not at all.  Good luck!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Congrats!! morning sickness is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy. I had it for 6 weeks (from week 8 until 14th) it was 24 hours not only in  the morning. it will go away by the end of your 1st trimester.
good luck
Helpful - 0
I had MS for 4 months, 24 hours a day!!!! The Dr gave me Zofran for it ( however I did NOT take it) Sucks, but its a good thing!!!!!
Helpful - 0
mgi
my morning sickness didn't start till after lucnchtime and lasted teh rest of day
Helpful - 0
I'm not sure if I'm pregnant yet, I'm waiting to test, BUT I think I may be. I have been getting nauseous, but only in the afternoon, like MGI. So yes it can happen any time. I have a friend who just started her second trimester and she feels MUCH better. She felt horrible, almost at any time of the day,  during most of her first trimester. Everyone is different. I have heard eating lots of small meals during the day helps. Maybe if you eat a small snack before bed, it will help.  God bless!!! =D
Helpful - 0
Try eating crackers and sprite and not sitting up so soon if you do feel sick, that's what helped for me, I never threw up but when I woke up first thing in the morning I had this sick feeling from my stomach just feeling empty. I would def keep some crackers close by!! Hopefully it will end, but it's all so worth it!!
Helpful - 0
Some are sick around the clock, I was only sick once
I do believe its a ole wives tale about the health of your child and morning sickness
I had three babies morning sickness only once, and mine are all healthy
I know of a friend who was sick pretty much all her pregnancy morning,noon and night couldnt keep anything down hardly, even lost weight during her pregnancy, her baby was fine also

Hope you feel better
Helpful - 0
I was sick 24/7 with both of my boys and wound up in the hospital more than once (more than three times actually). With my 4 losses, I knew something was wrong when my m/s abruptly stopped.

Most of my friends suffered from m/s with vomitting in the beginning. Eventually for all but me, their m/s just turned into sporadic nausea during the last 2 trimesters.

Every woman and pregnancy is different.

Andrea
Helpful - 0
Honestly did it hurt ?? How do you feel now when AF comes ???
Helpful - 0
I also have a question concerning IUD. You said it lasts up to 5 years, however i want to start trying for another baby 1 1/2 to 2 years from now, would this be a good decsion for me or is this more of a long term thing??? Thanks!!
Helpful - 0

Just advice but dont have a coil sorry IUD i had one for 4 1/2 years and it was great and i was givin it loads of praise and suggesting to everyone to have one fitted .. i had the mirena or something like that and i got pregant and unfortunatly it ended at 7 weeks they think due to the coil still being in there tryin to do its job and chipping away at the implantation untill the m/c started on 17th sept..
Totally up to you but i wouldnt there are plenty of better stop gap protections such as yasmin (i am hearing lots of good bout that at the moment)
Just to set something straight.. i got maried bout montha and half before we conceived although not planned was much wanted and we are currently ttc like mad (i was gonna have the coil out before christmas but those sneaky little swimmers couldnt wait)

Tri
xx
Helpful - 0
the above post off me was aimed in your direction again totally up to you i wanted to just express and show what happened to me... i have since found out that my hubbys sister was an iud baby but she kicked it out at seven months gone so she was born fine it can just be difficult if you do manage to get caught with on in place(or should i say if it goes wandering like mine did)
sam
x
Helpful - 0
As with any form of birth control, there is a failure rate. But the failure rate for an IUD is lower than anything else (yes, even sterilization), except abstinence.

It was mildly uncomfortable, I took some motrin before the appt and it helped. If you get it done, ask the doc to leave the strings longer that way the are just swept aside rather then short little stubbly things poking your cervix,lol.

My son is 16 months, and we plan on being pregnant by April of next year. I am getting mine out early next month. Fertility returns back to normal immediately (but we want to wait to track my cycles a little better). As you can see, I will be getting mine out 15 months post-insertion (I had it placed at 8 weeks PP)

Now, as far as AF. I didn't have my first PP AF until Aug 15th 2005, my first period since getting pg with Tristan (Aug 13th 2003 was my LMP with him) My first AF was light, but lasted about 5 days. My last AF in Late Sept was also very mild.

I did have some spotting off and on for a few weeks after insertion, but nothing that was too bothersome. I think I may have used pantiliners a few times.

I found it to be the best decision for me as I was nursing and couldn't use anything with high levels of hormones, it was incredibly reliable, and it was easily reversable.  

I still recommend it to many women. Most pregnancies occur years into use (for instance the previous post that got pg 4.5 years into it) so it may be a good idea to see if it can be switched out earlier than the 5 year mark. Pregnancy can happen with it. I was a copper IUD baby, as luck would have it the IUD was kept in and delivered with the placenta. Christie also had an IUD baby, she had hers removed and he delivered months later.

There are people who aren't good candidates for it, such as women with scarring, PID, multiple partners, hx of ectopic, and so on. Definitely check out www.mirena.com for more information. Click on the patient information tab and read through the pamphlet online.

Andi  
Helpful - 0
Thanks all!!!!
Helpful - 0
hi all, i just found out I am pregnant after trying for 5months. This is my first child. I feel so scared and sick morning and night and I am just 4 weeks. Please pray that I dont have it too difficult.
Helpful - 0
hey everyone im not sure im pregnant but i have been feel pretty bad around 7pm until about 3am ..... i threw up once but since haven't but i still feel pretty bad...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.