Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

none stop bleeding, after Depo Shot

Hello,
I have taking Depo shot about a month ago, and since I
38 Responses
172411 tn?1287089865
after i had my daughter 4 yrs ago i went on the depo shot about a month after she was born, all i did was bleed. i had side effects from the shot and i could not be on it. because of bleeding and cramping real bad. the only thing that i can tell you is i would not recommend staying on it. once your months are up on the shot go on a different birth control method. it sounds like what i went threw and yes it messes with everything in your life.. bleeding 24/7 tell me is that what sounds like fun. NO. i went on Yaz the pill and it worked out great for me. and i stopped takeing it to have a child and it took 4 months.. good luck hope your worrys and gone soon.
ksanden
I am so sorry that you werent warned.  If you read the booklet they give you it says that bleeding nonstop can be a side effect.  after i had my shot i bled for 6 months strait... i hope this doesnt happen to you.  But i would suggest you get off the shot and use something else. Bleeding every day for so long was a pain in the rear! i wouldnt recommend the shot to my worst enemy.  
I was taking the shot for six months. I took my last shot in November. I started bleeding in Janurary which i thought was going to be a normal period but i havent stopped since and it's freaken june, i think the shot is a totally bad idea.
i got my shot about 4 weeks ago.... and ive been bleeding for 2 weeks....   now its shower sex.... but we are so busy, and we have a roommate,.. its a BAD combo... i dont know what to do....I'm very moody and dont feel like myself.  I fight fire in the summer, and instead of carrying my pills in my pack, i thought the shot would be a good idea.
   mmmm.. i cant go on the ring, because it has to be refridgerated, I dont know...  any advice?
i  been on the shot for a month and still been bleeding on and off is it just best for me to get off and get on the pill.....i truly believe depo is not for everyone...dat *****...
175662 tn?1282217256
I had the shot about 16 years ago after my oldest daughter was born, and all I did was bleed straight for 4 months.  It got to the point that the new OB I had couldn't tell me why and he had a suspicion that my previous doctor screwed up something or I miscarried and was never properly tested.  
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.