Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

'normal' cycle after early miscarriage

This is my first posting, although I have been doing a lot of reading, and you are all a HUGE source of support!

I finally conceived after 8 months on clomid, however it resulted in an early miscarriage (5 1/2 weeks).  The only time I have a "normal" cycle (29 days) is when on clomid.  My doctor wants me to have a period on my own before resuming clomid.  I was wondering, has anyone has had a normal cycle on their own after miscarriage, when previously dependent on medication?  If I don't get my period after 30 days, they want me to take a medication called Provera.  Anyone familiar with this med?

Thanks in advance.
1 Responses
Hi!! I almost always have to take Provera/Medroxyprogesterone in pill form. I believe you can take one twice daily for 5 days or take 1 daily for 10 days. I almost always prefer it twice daily so the period comes sooner. After having the last dosage of it you shall have your period anywhere from 7-10 days. I start around 7 myself. Everyone is different. This med is a hormone so, be aware of the PMS symptoms. They are a typical symptom and make you moody sometimes. Good luck and sorry to hear of you loss.
Ellasmom
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.