not the only one

ive been reading the post of so many ladies and glad to kno its not just me . im now 38 had my tubes tied 12 yrs ago after having bundle #5(dont know how they where done an cant reach dr.office he's retired ) as with other ladies they told me to do it while i was pregnant and even had my family chime in . ive had a very horrific mischarge stress related bought on by a very for the better word unfeeling dr. who compared my already established pregnancy to that of a dog yes i said dog who has phantom pregnancies almost a year ago as it was in the outer area of the tubes . tubes still tied by the way now im having light spotting a week after my period tasting metal eww. headaches and lots of pee peeing im worried not trying to show stress for my husbands sake . what can i do who has answers  got dr. appt next week but need some anwers now. please reply...
Best Answer
it is so dangerous for all you women with your tubes tied to try and get pregnant! I am was thinking of having my tied but all these post are making me think I will regret it to a point of a delusional state. I am not trying to be rude, but seriously, its really not safe to concieve with them tied, you have a 1% chance of implanting in the uterus, the rest you will end up with abortions and heartache, why torture yourselves, Tying the tube was a choice you had made, it wasnt one to be a snap decision, and I see everywhere women so depressed and trying to get pregnant. I would seek council because its obviously hurting many. It breaks my heart to see a woman yern for a child and not be allowed, but this choice was your own, and quite frankly its idiotic to want something that could kill you and the fetus if it ever did come to be when you have children at home who need you. Be greatful for the kids you do have, some women will never experience birth, and their pain far exceeds yours. Stop being selfish to yourself and your children ladies. I hope you seek comfort in what you already have because really it is precious. Before you know it your babies will be grown and have grandbabies for you to fill your void.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Until you understand what some of us are going through i wouldn't comment on other womens question. As I have talked to my doctor yet again today she has informed me that more and more are becoming pregnant with a tubal there is a 1/150 chance if you think about how many women are in this country you would understand that is actually alot of women having babies while being fixed.
Now me  i got fixed not by my choice but the doctor had scared my husband so bad that he signed them while I was under. As this is the same for alot of women we were to young and listened to alot of family members. I had my tubal when I was 21 after giving birth to three beutiful children. but when I turned 30 i realized i wanted more children before I was to old to have them. Alot of women who have gotten pregnant while tubes tied did not want to get pregnant but are extremely happy they are. So like I said until you lived in our shoes dont answer if you dont have anything nice or encouraging to say.
Helpful - 0
I don't know if you are pregnant or not but I was told by my doctor that after seven years tubals have a high fail rate and it gets higher after ten yrs.I hope you are and can you please keep us informed i to have a doctors appt next week thinking i might be to don't know I am having some preety strange stuff going on.

Good Luck And lots of Baby dust
Helpful - 0
well thank you for you oppinion because it's just that ur oppionion but as miss mistymomofthree said until you've been in our place you cant and wont understand what we are going through they (all around you) do scare you and preasure u to sign the forms. i have a hair dresser friend who has a now 5 yeaar old perfect health and she had her while her tubes were tied after 14 years so yes it can happen and it happens more than u think.anyway  mistymomofthree thank you for ur answer as well  i will keep u posted i have a appt. today nervous as all get out  again thank you ladies
Helpful - 0
I dont need to be in anyones shoes to know the risks involved. If you want more children why not do the logical thing and have it reversed? I think its great to want to have children but when women tie their tubes after two or three its typically because its not feasable to have more. As far as having anyone pressure you, thats garbage, womens rights are in full force in the medical field, from abortion to conception to borth plans. I am by no means trying to make anyone feel guilty, I just want you aware that before you put yourselves into a psycosymatic state of believeing youve concieved to the point that your body is interpreting a pregnancy, its NOT healthy and for your mental well being should seek council. I am aware that some women are sucessful at pregnancy with their tubes tied, but note that these women had this happen unbeknownst to them until the moment they found out. It is not likely to be planned out like you are intending. My main point was that I >>>MYSELF<<< for two reasons 1. three boys is a housefull and 2. I refuse to ever be in need of welfare; hope that when I make my decision next summer to have mine tied that I dont end up with the tourture you two are going through. My heart in earnest goes out to you both and all others like you but the reality is, intentionally trying knowing your risks, is pretty idiotic. Reverse it then try.
Helpful - 0
well you said a mouthful and like i said before its your oppion and i respect that. now no i didnt state all my facts but u must know i nor other women want to intentionally get pregnant with our tubes tied it happens just like being with you spouse now yes i have a grandchild love him fully but the thing is im having these symptoms not intentionally telling my HUSBAND to excuse my language to bust in me ok and for u to start off ur statement with i dont mean to be rude let me tell u this as a grown woman u meant that ok like i said thats your oppion i trully dont want to go back n forth with u that wud b childish b ut anyway thank you for responding but before i go let me say this my tubes being tied was not my choice ok yes this day in age we have choices but in some cases we dont or didnt which is sad . now u said u had 3 boys great r u pregnant or trying now if not please we are here for support and honestly ur not giving it so please from one person and a woman to the other PLEASE BACK OF THE NEGATIVITY PLEASE.     PLEASE
Helpful - 0
We are on our second pregnancy with twin boys. There was no negativity just the reality of women trying to get pregnant knowing the risks having had their tubes tied. I guess I just feel with women in your situatoion being so much older, and women like misty trying knowing dangers is just mind blowing given being a teachers aide with mentally disabled children, you both are putting your offspring at a very high risk of down syndrome, as well as an array of othe issues. its selfish. Most women having children cannot even afford them without state aid, and to have three kids and need more is ridiculous. That may not be your exact case, but it is for most. I have a sister 14 years younger than me and do you have any idea how odd it is? she is 14 YEARS younger, my mom is 47, and my baby sister is 8 its just disgusting and unfair. How hard do you think it will be for you to sit at graduation being 60+ and watching your child marry at 70+ its selfish. I have no bond with my sister because she is so young, my other sister and I are so close and our baby sister is so hurt by it. She suffers from aspergers.  Having a baby will not mend a midlife crisis nor will it help anything having four kids to support, which in truth even wealthy families feel burden from. Children should be able to be spoiled and live comfortably, not have handme down everything. this isnt all directed towards you but women living in a fantasy world in general. Children shouldnt be mistaken for being out with grandma when its their mother, and they certainly shouldnt be exposed to being in such a large family that they develop emotional issues and lack coping skills for everyday adult world issues. This isnt "back in the day" this is the now. and to be frank I dont feel anyone who wants to keep popping kids out should be allowed foodstamps or any assistance, too many women right here in ny are using these forms of temporary assistance as permanent solutions to messes they keep themselves in. I know how harsh I sound but seriously. Imagine your child older and how they will feel about all this. its selfish to concieve just to fill a selfish void.
Helpful - 0
good afternoon ok NO im not intentionally trying to get pregnant i know the risk ive never planned a pregnancy i was just blessed with them that is how i see it im having real symptoms and a mutitude of test taken to figure out what my perticular issue is. i have all the same symptoms of pregnancy as u or anyother woman whom dont have their tubes tied. i know the risk of having children at a older age and its not every baby but 1in 150 who has autism .i personally dont get any assistance from the state my husband and i are doing well at what we do in our careers. however i wish u the best with u double bundle to come .
Helpful - 0
By the way I am only 31 if i do have a child I willnot be in 60 when he or she graduates . but thanx for your oppinion.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.