one twin measuring smaller

i went to the doctor on wedensday to find out about my glucose test- which was fine. i had an ultrasound done in the office and twin A seemed to be small, so he sent me to radiology on friday and the tech confirmed that she(baby A) was running a bit smaller than her brother(baby B). my due date is feb 6. she is measuring due feb 10 and him on jan 28. i dont see the doctor for another 2 weeks to see where we go from here. both babies have good heart beat and are developing good. you can just see the difference in there measurment. any advice?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
although i know nothing about having twins, i would say with others i have seen that sometimes one baby is smaller than the other. one baby may be hogging all the food...lol. i would also say try not to worry until there is real reason to worry....meaning the smally baby does still have a strong heartbeat. good luck to you. sorry if i wasn't any help.
tiffany
Helpful - 0
well- and aren't girls usually smaller than boys anyway? and U/S dating can be off as much as a week. maybe your girl isn't small- her brother is just BIG. :) LOL
Helpful - 0
it is very common for one twin to be bigger than the other one. when i had mine it was the girl who was the larger of the 2....it happens. they are competing for room and so one tends to grow more than the other. it is better for the girl to be the smaller of the 2. it is a fact that female fetuses are stronger and have a higher survival rate with lower birth weight than males. they haven't figured out why yet....but a small girl has a better chance of no complications at birth than a small boy. sounds like your sweet little babies are good and i bet you can't wait to meet them in person!!!

love....kimmie
Helpful - 0
thank you for the comments. i'm not really stressing out about it but i feel its in the back of my mind. ive been having contractions for a week or so. most of my time is being spent at home off my feet.  thank you.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.