open forum and question

I was wondering how long after you give birth(c sect) do you get your period? I had a c-sect 4 months ago and still haven't got it yet. Is this normal? I don't remember how long after my dd 3 1/2 years ago I got it.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey jayden's mom. I had mine sometime prior to my six week check up. I would probably check in with my dr. If you are breastfeeding exclusively, it can take longer, which I couldn't tell from your post.
Hope you're enjoying your little one!

Helpful - 0
You still around ??
Helpful - 0
Me too I had my period by my 6 weeks  appointment he want to give me the look over  and I said ummmm Ive got my period ..
No chance your pregnant is there?
Helpful - 0
GOOD LUCK ON MONDAY
Helpful - 0
kck
Hey!  I saw down below that you posted to me on the 20th.  I don't get on here every day, so I just noticed it.  Yes, my baby was born on July 24.  I remember you and I were due within days of each other.  My baby is not crawling yet...she gets into crawling position and then gives up.  She does clap and wave bye-bye, but that's about it.  She walks with help, but isn't ready to try it on her own yet.  She's so passive that she doesn't seem to care about being on the move.  She just gives up and sits back.  I have a friend who has a baby that will be 1 on May 21.  She has been crawling since 5 1/2 months, walking since 9 months, and says several words.  She also climbs up on top of the dining room table and stands up.  They have to strap her into something to keep her from getting hurt.  And then she just screams to get out.  So I guess I am a little thankful that mine isn't motoring around yet.
Helpful - 0
ni
Take advantage of the time that you have.  My little one has been crawling and standing since good friday.  He goes right for the stairs.  I am constantly going after him because he is into everything.  It does not help that I really have not baby-proofed my home.  He has been saying mamma for several months and now he says bubba and dadda.  

Just recently he is developing a very bad attitude.  He pulled my hair last night because I was singing to him and he was getting aggravated (I guess I dont sing well).  Now he is kicking and squirming when I move him away from something that he is into.  I just can't believe that this is happening so soon!

As for your baby crawling, she will get there!!  A part of me wishes that mine was not crawling yet.  He already has 8 teeth...it seems like they are all coming in at once.

How are you feeling??  I am finally feeling good about myself since I had him.  I was very sick after I had him because of an infection from anibiotics during labor.  He is so worth it though!

Gina
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the well wishes !  I will post something hopefully before I leave on Monday.  I had the pre-op testing stuff today. Which of course was no fun (they took 5 vials of blood). I thought today would be a good day to boil/steriize bottles and breast pump stuff. Since when I come home I'm sure I will be too tired to do it.  DH put together the swing and I have to have him do the bouncy seat too.  This way everything will be ready !
2 days to go !  She's very active today.
Helpful - 0
I recently had an us, and the tech said my baby weighed 7 lbs 11 oz already ( im 37 weeks). Just wondering if anyone knew if the measurements are usually correct, or if they dont mean anything. Thanks!!
Helpful - 0
U/S are usually a prediction but you still have 3 weeks left so Im a guessing a 8 pounder for you!!!
Helpful - 0
luckly im being induced monday. I have very hbp, and its not coorperating!! So maybe she will be what the tech said!!
Helpful - 0
Wow thats two babies here for Monday, yours and wisegirl
Well good luck and let us all know
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.