Women's Health: Postpartum Community

open forum and rollcall

Hi ladies! I thought since we have so many new ones on here we would do a roll call!

me( Danielle)
dh( Clay)
ds( Joseph) 10 years old
ds( Tristan) 6 years old
ds(Jacob) 5 months old
married 10 years
stay at home mom
Live in Louisiana

Wow really.  Is he going throuch warrior trasition?  The 4 week course?  Has he already left or is he preparing to go?

My husband is doing his WTC (like basic only shorter) at Ft. Knox Ky and then doing his AIT at Ft. Jackson, SC.  

He graduates from WTC on the 30th of this month, so I am planning a road trip.  

Oops forgot to put this part on there.  

For your babys cold.  Yes, infant tylenol should be completely safe.  Just make sure you give the right dosage.  If the youngest they list is 2 years, you give 1/4th of that.  That is what my doctor had me do when my DS was that age.

As far as the red nose, that is probably from stuff drying up some on there.  Avoid a sstuffy nose by using plain Saline spray.  Little noses makes a great one as does Baby Ayr.  There is no medicine in it only moisture.  I like putting some of the gel form of saline (found in the same section).  It keeps the mucus from drying up on the edges of the nose -- which can be heck to get off -- not to mention painful for your little one.
he is just starting his stuff with the recruter. Soon he will be leaving for louisianna, for private security, then when he comes home he will know more about the army.....thanks!!!!
Sharlene (me)
Chris (DH)
Dale 7yrs (DS)
Maura 5 months (DD)

Was a stay at home mom until 9/26 when I go back to work :(

Cool!  

They have a new program (started Aug. 2004) called Operation Blue to Green.  It allows Air Force and Navy people (as well as prior Army) to enter the Army without having to go through Basic Training.  

It is called Warrior Trasistion Course.  It is much easier than Basic is -- not to mention shorter (only 4 weeks rather than 9).  I get to talk to him every night -- he took a cell phone and they are allowed to use them in the evenings, but there is also a payphone that they can use.  They also let them have a lot more freedom -- and hardly any yelling at all.  

He also could have gone straight into his prior field with no AIT, but they have a freeze on his field right now so he had to pick a new field and go through training.

Make sure he asks the recruiter about it.  It is very new and they don't all know about it.  My husband is the first from his area to do it, and they said he is the first Air Force person to go through -- the rest have been either Navy or prior Army reinlisting.  

I hope your DD gets better soon.  My DS kept colds when he was that age.  He hasn't had one in almost a year now though.  

Best wishes to you. I am heading off to my Ultra Sound appointment!  Yeah!!

Amanda
me: Jody (24)
dh: Barry (27)
ds: Christian (2&1/2)
married: September 18th, 2004

wanting to try for baby #2 but haven't had af since march, so going through all the medical things...lol..having an ultrasound done soon and going to see an OB/GYN on October 18....hoping that things work out and we can get pregnant soon...
Thanks for all the info. Ill let my hubby know, sounds good to me. I love military life!!! Gl at your ultra sound!!!
Whre in Upstate NY are you ?? I have family in Cinncinatus and Earlville I think thats Chenago County. I'm in Northern NJ about 30-45 mins from NY border. I can get to NYC and Warwick in about 45 mins.
I live North of Syracuse
here is a dosing schedule for infant tylenol. i found it pretty helpful...

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T089101.asp#T089104

hope it helps you too.
Me - Jennifer 29
DH - Matt  31
DDog - Bear 7
DCat - Lil Elvis 6

Married 2 years next week
Human Resouces
Kansas

Working on first DS or DD.
Me=April,32
DH=Jeff,37
DD=Grace,5
Sally= (Crazy Boston Terrier, possibly on dog crack-cocaine)7 months old.

We live in Sunny Southern California in Beautiful Wine Country. Grapes are ripe and ready for the pickin! I am a stay at home mom. Been TTC since my miscarriage last April, which is when I joined this forum. Still no baby, but I keep trying! My husband was in the Air Force as well. He got out 2 years ago.

Me (Sienna, 24.5)
son (Gabriel, 8.5)
son (Alexander,5.5)
Son (Nicholas,2.5)
son or daughter? (Due 5/2006)

i work full time at a construction company as an office mgr.-my boss is my dad's best friend!

i live with my boys in a house in Des Plaines, Illinois (chicago)

My name is Tim and I am a hopeful expectant, new dad. Gwen is 38, I am 35. She has another child already. We are both very aware of the risk involved with caryring a baby to term at this age. We don't expect anyone to have "the answer" but I wanted to know if anyone here has some %'s or "odds" if you will:

Went for ultrasound yesterday.
Dr. thinks Gwen is 6 weeks along (although I have my doubts, thinking it's more like 5)
Saw a yolk sack and heartbeat :)
heartbeat at 83 :(
Dr. refusing blood test for hormone level
next ultrasound in a week (wednesday, 28th)

They way I understand this is basically there's a 50/50 chance of it going wither way right now.

Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance :)
God bless
Tim
me:Jamie
Dh: JR

1 Daughter:Kamarie 11
2 daughter:Hollie 6
3 Daughter: Gracie 2
4 Daughter: Haylie 4 weeks today!
5: Tubes tied! lol

I am a stay at home mom. Read everyday on here but don't post much. I love to read everything that everyone writes. Really like this site. Hope that the hurricane does not affect us. we are on the very ne corner of texas (Texarkana) and they are saying that it is supposed to stall out over us. Baby dust to all.
Me(Amanda)
DH(Ray)-- in Ft. Knox, Ky at the present time
DS(Layne) 2 1/2 years old

Baby on the way due 2-11-2006

I go today for the ultrasound -- I know my luck, the baby will have its legs crossed so we cannot tell what it is -- LOL

Stay at home mom -- I just started staying at home 2 months ago.  My husband got out of the airforce, but has now decided to join the Army.  So I am just waiting to see where we are going to wind up stationed.  

I live in Mississippi until the Army tells us otherwise.  

Have a great day everyone!!
Me-23
DH-23
DD-5 mo.
Stay at home mom in Upstate New York

Question....My dd, 5 mo, has a nasty cold. What is safe to give her, is Infant Tylenol cold ok?? Also her nose is soooo red from wiping it. Any suggestions of something I can put on it?? Thanks!!!!
found this online...hope it helps everyone that is not familiar with all the abbreviations...I wasn't and this is why I went searching..lol

Fertility abbreviations
2WW: Two‑week wait
A/F: Aunt Flo (your period)
AH: Assisted hatching
AI: Artificial insemination
AIH: Artificial insemination by husband
ART: Assisted reproductive technique
BBT: Basal body temperature
BCP: Birth control pills
BD: Baby dance (sex)
BET: Blastocyst embryo transfer
BFN: Big fat negative
BFP: Big fat positive
BICA: British Infertility Counselling Association
CBAVD: Congenital bilateral absence of the vas deferens
CD: Cycle day
CM: Cervical mucus
CP: Cervical position
CVS: Chorionic villae sampling
D&C: Dilation and curettage
DE: Donor eggs
DI: Donor insemination
DPO: Days post‑ovulation
DPR: Days post‑retrieval
DPT: Days post‑transfer
EC: Egg collection
EDD: Estimated due date
ENDO: Endometriosis
EPO: Evening primrose oil
ERPC: Evacuation of retained products of conception
ET: Embryo transfer
EWCM: Eggwhite cervical mucus
FER: Frozen embryo replacement
FET: Frozen embryo transfer
FP: Follicular phase
FSH: Follicle stimulating hormone
GIFT: Gamete intra‑fallopian transfer
H/B: Heartbeat
HCG: Human chorionic gonadotropin
HFEA: Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority
HPT: Home pregnancy test
HRT: Hormone replacement therapy
HSC: Hysteroscopy
HSG: Hysterosalpinogram
ICSI: Intra‑cytoplasmic sperm injection
I N UK: Infertility Network UK
IPS: Imaginary pregnancy symptoms
IUI: Intra‑uterine insemination
IVF: In vitro fertilisation
LAH: Laser assisted hatching
LAP: Laparoscopy
LH: Luteinising hormone
LMP: Last menstrual period
LP: Luteal phase
LPD: Luteal phase defect
MA: Miscarriage association
M/C: Miscarriage
MESA: Microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration
M/W: Midwife
NIAC: National Infertility Awareness Campaign
OI: Ovulation induction
OV: Ovulation
OHSS: Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
OPK: Ovulation predictor kit
PCO: Polycystic ovaries
PCOS: Polycystic ovary syndrome
PCT: Post‑coital test
PESA: Percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration
PG: Pregnant
PI: Primary infertility
PID: Pelvic inflammatory disease
PMS: Pre‑menstrual syndrome
POF: Premature ovarian failure
SA: Sperm analysis
SANDS: Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society
S/B: Stillbirth
SI: Secondary infertility
STD: Sexually transmitted disease
TESA: Testicular sperm aspiration
TET: Tubal embryo transfer
TTC: Trying to conceive
U/S: Ultrasound
ZIFT: Zygote intra‑fallopian transfer

HTH: Hope this helps..lol
Me( kirstine)
Dh(mike)
My baby, well she's a dog but she dosen't know it(penny)
That's it for now, we are hoping to add a few more additions:D
How funny. My hubby just got out of the Air Force and now going into the ARMY....lol
Me:28
DH:30
DS:5 1/2 months
One dog, Gordon, that thinks he is a person

Married July 2003, preggo July 2004 (first try)!!!

Alabama
Angie (me) 32 (I will be 33 on Monday Sept 26)
DH - Bill - 35
DD - Katelyn McKenzie - 7 going on 17
DS - Christopher Randall - 1 year
NO PETS!!!!!!!!!!!

Added the little ones middle names in there LOL!!!!!  I have been married for almost 8 yrs (Dec 13) and I am a stressed out SAHM.  My DH is a high school head band director and the director of music for our church so he stays SUPER busy and we hardly ever see him.  We are currently building a new home that should be completed in about 2 months.  We are excited.  It is coming along nicely.  I suffered a miscarriage exactly 2 yrs ago today (Sept 22) during a routine u/s.  I was devestated but was very lucky to be pg again in just 3 months.  I think getting pg again quickly helped me to recover easier from the m/c.  Well good luck to all who is TTC and to those who are already preggers.  Take Care Ladies
me..27
my hubby..28

no babies yet...just the dogs.  

My name is Casey btw.

Also what do the dh and ds and dd's stand for?
DH: dear husband, darling husband, demanding husband, dumb husband; whatever mood you are in
DS and DD: same as above but for son and daugher

FYI:(for your info)
BFP: big fat positive
HPT: home pregnancy test
AF: period or monthly cycle
CD: cycle day
LMP: last menstral period
TTC: trying to conceive

Ladies, help me out on the ones I forgot.....
Me- Carolyn
I am 26 and we live on the beautiful shores of Lake Superior in Minnesota.
DH is Jeremy
DD is Clara Pearl, age 3
DS is Elijah David, age 2
I am a stay at home mom but I do some side work as a children's theatre teacher and director. I also love to be one stage and participate in theatre myself, especially musical theatre. My husband is a children's book illustrator and an RN, studying to be a general nurse practitioner.
I suffered 2 miscarriages in a row this past year but I am  now 33 weeks pregnant with number three. We don't know what it is, since we found out with both our son and daughter....we thought it would be fun to wait this time. We are also in the process of selling our house and we have a 5 year old lab named Clementine. The colored leaves here are wonderful and the air is crisp and clean today. Have a great day!
Thank you very much  so I would TTC I guess :)

Also I would like to say..this board is very helpful!!  Also you all seem to be very knowledgable and helpful.  Thank you for posting here :)
Ive been a part of this board for over two years now, but have been a very infrequent visitor since my last son was born. So here is my info.

Michelle 31
dh Steve 39
Ds Kevin 6
Ds Justin 4
Ds Ashton 1 1/2

Expecting baby number 4 April 27th

I live in Troy Michigan...
Hey, can I still take part in roll call?

me - Michele 31
dh - Darryl 39
ds - Liam Owen - was one year on Sept.9th
two chocolate labs

I am an accountant and just came back to work on Sept.12 after my maternity leave.  I didn't get a chance to be on the forum much after my son was born.

Blondie72 - great to see you're still here!
msklar - congratulations on your pregnancy!
snow...........whats that??????lol! I would love snow! Actually the hurricane is going just west of us which still puts us in a really bad position because the worst part of a hurricane is to the east of it which we will be. I keeping my eye out!
when they said my baby's heartbeat was low I immediately went onliine.  Most places said it starts at mom's rate and goes up 3 beats per day.  Hopefully she is just early then you are right on target for heartrate.  When I got the devastating news from u/s tech I called my RE in a panic - he said they NEVER count hb at first u/s they just say cardiac activity yes or know
hope that helps
best of luck
and God Bless also
I have a quick question: Is heartburn a sign or symptom of early pregnancy? I have been having alot of heartburn lately and I NEVER get heartburn, the only time I did was when I was pregnant with my son 2&1/2 years ago...I posted in another open forum about being pregnant....
"I haven't had af since march...dh and I had sex on Sept 5 and 12....what I need to know is when would I take an HPT...I can't go by when my next period is due as I HAVE NO CLUE...lol...is there even a chance that I would get pregnant? Thank you in advance"

Since then my breats have felt different (heavier) and I have had he heartburn that I mentioned above..I took an HPT on Sunday but it was negative...I went online to
http://pregnancy.parenthood.com/pregcal.html
and put in the 5th of Sept as date of conception, which would make me only 4 weeks, too early to tell on a home HPT right? so when should I test again, if at all?

Oh ya, I have been to my dr and he has sent in a request for me to see an OB/GYN, my appointment is on October 18th, and he has sent in a request for me to have an ultrasound before I go to see the OB/GYN...

OK so this was more than one question..lol...hopefully someone can help me...thank you in advance
Hi everyone! At long last-finally get a second to post!
First my info for those who might not remember me!
Lisa-29, DH 41\
Myah 2 years, 1 month
James-Patrick 2 months, 1 week
Fundraising Exec-currently on mat leave
Live in Paradise, Newfoundland

And a question: Dr presrcibed the Ortho-Evra patch yesterday. I have not yet started my period, and the Dr didn't seem especially concerned. Dh and I used protection when we have had the time to tango, so no concern there. My question is, should I start the patch now, or wait for a period to start? The package says that your Dr will advise you when to start after childbirth, and the Dr says it's up to me. Hmm.....
Any thoughts?

Thanks, and hope all is well!

I still had started my period 14 weeks after I gave birth.  I called and the nurse told me to take a preggo test and if it was negative (WHEW it was) they would start me on progesterone to get it started.  It started within like 3-5 days, but very light.  I could then start my pills.  However, the second and third periods have been hell.  VERY heavy.  Hopefully they will calm down.
Me- 36
DH- 34
DS - 3 yrs
DD - 8 weeks!

We live in Toronto- weather feels like summer still. Hooray!
Have been too busy with teh kids to check-in lately... but had a Q today.

Gotta run now, but I will hopefully be back soon!
me - Jennifer - 26
DH - Jason - 26
DS - Tyler - 11 mo.
No pets except 1 lone fish named Piglet that won't die.
Married 2 years
Live in Michigan
Ive read about introducing solids online , but get contradicting advice. First, as i understand, a baby must start on rice cereal. How long should she stay on that before going to the other stuff( jar food) Second, I heard that you should give your baby a vegetable before a fruit. Is this true??/ what do u all think....thanks
Hi.  I started my little guy on solids at 4 months after his 4 month check up.  The doctor said it was time.  He said to start him on yellow veggies and fruits (no particular order).  I PERSONALLY started with a fruit, then veggie, then fruit etc.  He has now eaten all the yellows and he has had peas and green beans.  He enjoys all but peaches.  Some will say if you give fruit first they wont eat veggies because they want the sweet, that was not the case with us.  As far as rice cereal (I am going to get it for this LOL) I put it in his bottle at 6 weeks and still do.  That is the only way he gets cereal.  I tried mixing it thick and feeding off the spoon and he refused, spit it right out, same with it mixed with food.  He will not eat it except mixed with formula.  You do what works for you, but before doing anything, consult your pediatrician.
Usually babies start cereal at 4 months usually rice first after that other cereals can be introduced, I usually waited until the box was done, Or you can have too much stuff on the go and believe it it does have a expiry date which I just found out should be used up within a months time
But usually say leave a few days in between new foods

Solids at 6 months and usually veggies first Just because dear baby will like the sweet taste more in the fruit and maynot want the other

As for your little red nose! I just put vaseline on it to keep it soothed!
Thank you so much for clearing all this up!!!! Its rough being a first time mom...lol.....thats again!!
Thanks a bunch!!!
Hey are you alright!!
Heard the storm was heading to Louisanna? Hurricane Rita
Anywhere near you???
Hey Head for Canada girl my door will be open!!
Not to many hurricanes just snow!!
Rice is the bets to start on, it is easier to digest. Once they are up to a few tablespoons a feeding and tolerating it well, you can work your way through the other single grain cereals (mine preferred the oatmeal) and then once you have covered those, you can go to the mixed. Once they have started eating several (3+tbl) of cereal, you can start adding stage 1 foods like fruits or veggies. It should be a slow process. You should wait at least 4 days between introducing new foods, just in case there is an allergic reaction (that way you can quickly figure out the culprit). I am also a big advocate of avoiding juice when they are really young. I would give my boys sips here and there of diluted juice, but never more than half an ounce. It is hard on their teeth, the resulting poop is quite acidic, and it fills them up with empty calories that they should be getting from other sources.

Now whether you start with fruit or veggie is up to you. Avoid too many orange foods in a row (it can and will tint their skin,lol) and go easy on the fruits if you start noticing a red bottom.

They shouldn't start on meats until they are 7 months or so. They just can't break it down well before then. I think www.gerber.com has a great feeding chart to look at.

Good luck!

Andrea