Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

ovulating without period

I found out I was pregnant with child #2 when child #1 was only 8 months old and I was nursing.  I did not have a period between pregnancies.  I know you can become pregnant before you have the first post partum period.  My question:  Can you ovulate for more than one month without a period?  Or did I get pregnant the first month I was ovulating?
1 Responses
My own OB said that yes you can ovulate without a period though it's not an exact science when you start ovulating again or even if everybody does. I had a friend go into her 8 wk checkup pregnant again. She DID think you culdn't get pregnant while nursing.

I am now 10 wks PP and have yet to menstruate. But taking no chances! LOL

Anyway, congrats! Not quite Irish twins, but close in age non the less!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.