Women's Health: Postpartum Community

ovulation microscope vs temperature

hi everybody, i ovulated on sept 4th and period came sept 10th till sept 14,short period for me, no too much cramping.
i use bbt, mucus chart and microscope chart and yesterday sept 23th the microsp. indicated ovulation but didn't have temperature rise( no more 97.7) and was dry ( no muccus).
is the microscope accurate? did i ovulate?.
by the way i had intercourse on sept 4th and mucus days prior to it. hoping to get pregnant  thanks for the help!!
i said microscope chart, i meant ovulation microscope
bbt can only tell you in hind sight if you ovulated. so if you are in the process of ovulation than you should get a temp dip in the next few days. most devices that predict ovulation tell you a few days prior to ovulation so you can have sex in the next few days. bbt is tricky too....anything can mess up a temp.

sex 5-4 days prior to ovulation = 5% chance of PG

sex 3-2 days prior to ovulation (OPKs and fertility monitors would be showing a positive now) = 33% chance of PG

sex day prior and day of ovulation = 5% chance of PG

sex day after ovulation (bbt would show temp dip now, too late) = 0% chance of PG

cervical mucus can change because of fluid intake, diet, or many other reasons. if you want to be PG then i would suggest having sex at min everyother day through out your cycle. usually bbt gives results after 3 mos....back tracking on the 3 charts should give you a rough guess when you ovulate each month so you can make sure to have sex at that time the 4th cycle. i use OPK's (ovulation predictor kits) i pee on the stick everyday from CD7 till pos. when i get a pos that means that i am 24-36 hours from ovulation...time to have lots of sex. a pos reading for the answer bran OPKs is when the 1st line is as dark or darker than the control (2nd) line. i have had 2 days of a equally dark line and today the 1st line was darker than the control....i have been busy the last few days...LOL.

love, hugs, and baby dust....kimmie

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/coons_ttc_group/

you can find me and ask me any questions at the above address any time.
thanks for the getting back so quickly. i am going to lots home work with my DH to get pg. i love this forum. it is great to have people with such disposition to help.  i'm on my secong moonth tryng to get pg and very thankful to have you guys!!
i completely understand ...DH and i have been TTCing for 9 mos now after depo provera shot. i have been off the shot 19 mos and it has been a struggle. i finally ovulated and concieved last cycle for the first time....but i had a m/c due to low progesterone...another side effect of depo. it can take 12-18 mos to get PG after this ****. i am in my 2 week wait for testing now....just ovulated today. so i know how important it is to have support. feel free to e-mail me or join my group. i hope you get your little one ASAP!!!

love, hugs, and baby dust....kimmie
i also noticed i had short luteal phase and read that this indicates low levels of progesterone. i just ordered my natural progeterone cream. i've never done any progesterone, provera or clomid. i am kind scare to put any stuff in my body, took me long to decide to use the progesterone cream but after doing  a lot of reading i decided to use it. wish me luck,  i wish you the best and pray the good news will come soon for us!!
hey kimmie, my friend just called me. she got a positive test but was still charting bbt and microscope and microscope showed she ovulated today. if she is pregnant, how can the microscope indicate ovulation,maybe because her estrogen levels are high due to pregnancy?. please help she cannot go to de doc till monday and is really nervous.
i have the same prob after the depo....it is a good call. i have the pills i use vaginally from ovulation till my period or 12 weeks PG. whatever you do DON'T use the cream before you ovulate....progesterone in the first half of you cycle will keep you from ovulating. my dr told me to start the progesterone 3 days after my strongest OPK and use them till i get my period or am 12 weeks PG. the first half of a woman's menstrual cycle is estrogen dominated....this helps the follical produce a healthy egg....progesterone will stop that from happening. after ovulation progesterone is the dominating hormone and makes the uterine lining thicker and sticky for implantation of a fertilized egg....the progesterone is made by the cyst that forms from the ruptured follical that made the egg.

i have a 9-10 day luteal phase too. so when i got PG last cycle my period came and washed out the embryo. i was so devistated and disappointed. now i am armed with the progesterone so all should be good. good luck to you and tons of baby dust!!!!

love....kimmie
not, temp is not rising. she said her temp is like 97.8 but the ovulation microscope, the one you put your saliva on, indicated ovulation, while the preg- test she did was positive. is this ok?. she is not cramping, just nauseas.
this is more than fine.....she is going to have a baby. i had a upset tummy too very early on. tell her to stop charting and using the ovulation device. she is pregnant and needs to call on monday and inform her dr so they can set up her first prenatal appointment.

love and hugs....kimmie
thanks kimmie, i am going now, have a great weekend!!
you too hun.....talk to you soon!!!

love, hugs, and baby dust....kimmie
Hello everyone, this is my first time leaving a message but am fairly desperate to recieve feedback from people who are going through the same thing as I.  I have been tring to get pregnant now for almost a year. My husband and I got pregnant last December but had a miscarriage in March. We had another miscarriage a couple of monthes ago (very early, much like a period).  I finally bought the expensive ovulation predictor machine and used it this month.  It recently said that I ovulated on day 20 of my cycle.  I am worried because even if I were to achieve pregnancy this month, my luteal phase is too short that the embryo would be shed.  Should I ask my doctor for some progesterone just in case??  Thanks :)
the pregnancy test is accurate....if she didn't HCG...PG hormone in her....it wouldn't have shown up in the test strip. the monitor is just detecting high levels of hormones...typicall from ovuLation till a period....no period would continue to make the monitor detect high levels of progesterone. as far as bbt ...remember every temp is hind site....a dip would indicate an implant dip in the last few days....she could have thought it was her period coming. her temp should be going back up....it will be a triphasic chart. or her temps could be off because she did not sleep for 4 hrs prior to temping, lots of things can mess up a temp. i would tell her to trust the home test and call her dr first thing monday. if she is at risk of a high risk PG then go to the ER. previous m/c, proven hormone issues, bleeding and cramping at the same time. if she feels normal than she is to be happy and stress free. tell her CONGRATS for me and that she should be great and to have a happy healthy 9 mos!!! i hope we get to join her soon!!!

love and hugs....kimmie
ok, I posted this once, and i cannot find it again, so i do apologize, but i really need an answer to this one...Ok, ive been reading up on the cervical mucus, and it states that I may be able to determine WHEN I want to get pregnant, i can judge by the mucus texture, but what if I MAY already be pregnant? Is there a certain consistancy that still leaks? I checked mine yesterday, and it was the thick, stretchy kind, which would signal the end of my ovulation cycle. Would that be a slight indicator that I am not pregnant? I had unprotected sex about a week ago, and am not sure of the mucus texture at that time...any sort of help on this?
is there a good chance that i am pregant if we have been having unpertected sex from the 10th day after my piroid untill the 13th day after.
Hi Everyone :) I'm also new to this thread and wow, it is refreshing to relate to you other ladies.  I'm on Cycle 3 at this for TTC#1 and am 35.

Alexa, Alecia and Kimmie......I also am going through this short lutael phase hell.  I have long suspected that I was low on progesterone and recently had some lab work done (through saliva testing) that came back Negligable!!!! out of range...that figures.

Are you guys now taking natural progesterone? I just bought the natural progesterone cream from Pro-gest.  I am now on CD5 and wondered if anyone else is around this time that wants to be a cylce buddy? my last cycle i did ovulate but my lutael phase was so short again :(

So this month I'm armed with my Progesterone cream and will take it immediately after I have ovulated based on the OPK result being positive.

Can I ask if any of you guys have short cycles at all and early ovulation dates?  This forum is great, it's so nice to find support from other women that are also experiencing low progesterone.  

Good luck and BABY DUST TO EVERYONE....!!! :)
My first time writing. I was wondering if anyone can help me.
I have been using maybe baby for a while now and got pregnant with my son. But now i think something is wrong. When using maybe baby now, it shows that i am ovulating everyday even when i have my period. I know this is impossible, because nobody can ovulate 28 days of the cycle. Is there something wrong with me? Can anybody help me?
Well, i email maybe baby and they said the ferns on the microscope could be because of increased salts in the body or increased levels of estrogen. Could i get pregnant if i have increased levels of estrogen in my body? Please help, need to know.
HI everyone.  I am turning 38 next month and am on my 4th attempt.  First time I guessed, second time I used ovulation sticks, and third time I did it based on mucus 'texture'.  This time we are trying the expensive fertility monitor.  Twice I have thought I was pregnant, but then ended up getting my period a few days late.  Could someone please explain the luteal phase  to me and how you determine if yours is short?  So if it is short, then you need more progesterone?  I read about progesterone cream, but don't know where to buy it or when to use it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I think I need to switch doctors because she hasn't returned my calls ...thanks gals and I'm crossing my fingers that we'll all meet again on a chat about diaper rash and teething!