A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
233405 tn?1190472197

period after a D&C

just had a D&C on friday the 10th.....been spotting but today it is kinds heavy sorry TMI! could this be my period already? have the whole bitchy thing going on too......my poor boyfriend!  I want to try again so bad, wondering how long i should wait or should i wait at all?
4 Responses
172023 tn?1334675884
Your doctor should have given you instructions on when you can safely resume intercourse.  There can be a chance of infection if you start again too soon.

Usually, you'll get your period in 4-6 weeks after a miscarriage, but this can vary.  You may just be having residual spotting/bleeding from the D&C.  
172023 tn?1334675884
And you should really look into the condition of your tubes, since you've had a tubal ligation in the past.  Just because you didn't have an ectopic this time, doesn't mean you won't next time.  You're still at very, very high risk for one.  Your best chance for a healthy, normal pregnancy is if your tubes are patent (open).  

Good luck.  I hope you recover quickly!  
220238 tn?1210596817
Not sure if you can get your period so soon after the procedure.  I had a D&C on 7/19 and had spotting and heavy bleeding for over a week after the procedure.  Since then nothing and it's going on 4 weeks tomorrow.  Good luck, I know how you feel, I want to try again, but my doctor asked that I have at least 1 period first.
233405 tn?1190472197
okay thanks.....just anxious i guess! i see the doc on friday next week, i will find out what is going on with my tubes. :) thanks again
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.