A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

possible miscarriage??

Hi,
I did 2 home preganancy digital tests last week [ on day my period was due ] and they both showed up positive. I've worked out from day of my last period that I am 5 1/2 weeks pregnant just now. I didn't feel pregnant anymore yesterday and had light blood on toilet paper today, and thought I'd maybe miscarried [ or started to ]. I had a miscarriage 4 months ago so I know the signs.

I went to Accident & Emergency this morning and when they tested me for pregnancy test they said it was negative, and sent me away saying I must have had a miscarriage. - however I only had very light blood this morning and I thought the pregnancy hormone showed up until everything has passed [ as this is what happened the last time ]. I am now very confused and don't know what to think. Any advice?
Suzy
x
2 Responses
I would advise to go see your OB for further testing.  I am sorry that you are going through this.  I experienced a miscarriage this week and it has been just horrible.  

Light spotting can be normal in early pregnancy.  I am sure your miscarriage from 4 months ago is still fresh in your mind.  As you said, it does take HCG longer to exit your system than just a couple of days.  Please take the time to go see your OB, and set your mind a ease.
Thanks for advice. I saw the doctor yesterday and she said I must've miscarried 1 - 2 weeks ago and the pregnancy hormones have now died away - that's why I got negative result with pregnancy test yesterday. Pretty gutted but will just have to keep trying. xx
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.