preganacy after endometriall ablation and Tubal ligation

Hi, I am a 34yr old woman who had a tubal done after the birth of my 5th child in 2006. About a year later I had an endometrial ablation(Novasure). My periods have been very light, sometimes like nothing at all but always something. They now only last from 1-3 days as opposed to 7-10 days like before the ablation. My question is this: is it possible to get pregnant after both procedures? Like I said before I still had a period after the ablation, but I am now 12 days late. I was told that I could never get pregnant again. I have not been trying to get pregnant, in fact I have been taking birth control to help with pains and cysts that my Gyno found. My BF and I would welcome a pregnancy at this point but I just an very unsure if it can happen. Please help me??? Thank you in advance for any and all advice :)  
Hi!
Chances of pregnancy after tubal ligation and endometrial ablation are very rare, almost impossible. On top of that if you are taking birth control pills, there is a chance that your periods will stop all together. However, if this is the first time you have missed periods, take a blood test for pregnancy as this is more reliable than urine pregnancy tests.
Take care!
Thank you for your response. I still have had no period(28 days late). Ironically I've only ever got pregnant on BC. I have had some cramps like I'm going to start but nothing so far. I am going to see if I can get into the Dr this week.  

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community