pregnancy after abortion

my friend had an abortion on june 14th she went to her Dr. app. for a depo injection for birthcontrol today on july 13th she has been bleeding for a week she had sex and her condom broke a week after her abortion, the urine test she had done today turn positive can this be a true possible, since its not even a month since her abortion, and she has been with her menstrual, in the begining she did now get her menstrual right away, but now she is been with it for a week +
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes its very possible, its the same after Birth/Abortion/Misscarage you are More fertile for some reason i suppose thats sods law!!...if the pregnancy test says positive then she most likely is pregnant, =]
Helpful - 0
i'm glad to notified my friend is not pregnant, i did not think so, it did not make sense. i work in the medical field, but i wanted to hear some opinions out there, thank you.
Helpful - 0
It is possible if the hormones were out of her body, since you said she's not pregnant she might have had left over hormones from the abortion.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.