Women's Health: Postpartum Community

pregnancy test after ivf

is it normal to get a negative pregnancy test 24 hours after embryo transfer?
When my friend had IVF done, the dr. had her come back in a week to do the test. I don't believe implantation happens in 24 hours, so your hcg wouldn't be strong enough for a HPT to detect it yet.
i had my implantation done yesterday and i am to anxious! i am so  nervous. this is our second try and our last. does anyone know how long i should rest? my pregnancy test is sat. the 28th.
funny your clinic didn't tell you.  With my first clinic they wouldn't test till day 14  (i asked around and most people agreed day 11 or 12 post would be hpt.  so i tested on 12 with a very very faint positive.  My next clinic tested on day 9 or 10  so I didn't even think I owuld show up on hpt before then.  24hrs is for sure too soon  good luck
my clinic did tell me to rest for 2-3 days, then back to regular activity. i was just wondering if someone else had different advice. My girlfriend had ivf and had to stay after at the clinic for 4 hours with her pelvic up. my clinic let me go after 30 minutes. that made me nervous. any thoughts.
both mine had pelvic up for only half hour.  One said rest a day (didn't get pg)  other said rest three days (did get pg twice)
good luck.
when we talk about rest,is it ok to walk around the house? sit at the computer? make dinner? i took off a week from work to relax.i am on progesterone suppositories 200 mg, and estrace.as you can tell im new at this ivf stuff! my first ivf was cancelled. now this cycle I had 4 embryos implanted 2 were 8 cell grade A, 1 was 8 cell grade B, and the last was 8 cell grade c. thats what i was told. i dont ask to many questions, maybe i should. thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and ease my mind.