Women's Health: Postpartum Community

pregnancy test after ivf

is it normal to get a negative pregnancy test 24 hours after embryo transfer?
When my friend had IVF done, the dr. had her come back in a week to do the test. I don't believe implantation happens in 24 hours, so your hcg wouldn't be strong enough for a HPT to detect it yet.
i had my implantation done yesterday and i am to anxious! i am so  nervous. this is our second try and our last. does anyone know how long i should rest? my pregnancy test is sat. the 28th.
funny your clinic didn't tell you.  With my first clinic they wouldn't test till day 14  (i asked around and most people agreed day 11 or 12 post would be hpt.  so i tested on 12 with a very very faint positive.  My next clinic tested on day 9 or 10  so I didn't even think I owuld show up on hpt before then.  24hrs is for sure too soon  good luck
my clinic did tell me to rest for 2-3 days, then back to regular activity. i was just wondering if someone else had different advice. My girlfriend had ivf and had to stay after at the clinic for 4 hours with her pelvic up. my clinic let me go after 30 minutes. that made me nervous. any thoughts.
both mine had pelvic up for only half hour.  One said rest a day (didn't get pg)  other said rest three days (did get pg twice)
good luck.
when we talk about rest,is it ok to walk around the house? sit at the computer? make dinner? i took off a week from work to relax.i am on progesterone suppositories 200 mg, and estrace.as you can tell im new at this ivf stuff! my first ivf was cancelled. now this cycle I had 4 embryos implanted 2 were 8 cell grade A, 1 was 8 cell grade B, and the last was 8 cell grade c. thats what i was told. i dont ask to many questions, maybe i should. thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and ease my mind.
yesterday was bed rest.  today and tomorrow should be up only to shower and use potty - your hubby shoudl make dinner and do dishes!
thank you. i will go straight to the couch.
good luck to you too! i know i need to relax the mind. this is our only shot to do this. will this be your first baby if it takes? in my prayers tonight i will include you!! by the way i am constipated. i dont want to strain,any advice? is a laxitive o.k. or will the stomach cramps hurt the process?
are you taking prenatals?  You are probably constipated from them.  I would do no more than juice  to help it along
i am on prenatals. i will get some juice in me, ive been drinking alot of water.YUK! thanks
I had my first round of IVF in February. I asked the doctor about bed rest, and he said basically spend more time "down" than you do "up". So, get out of bed to go to the bathroom and shower, but other than that stay inactive. It is very important that you stay on bed rest for the first 2 days. Stock up on books, DVDs, and even trashy tabloid magazines (what celebrities go through will make your life seem uneventful!) The embryos do not actually implant until around 48-72 hours after the embryo transfer, so they are still kind of floating around, waiting to attach. You should also avoid any "straining" (hard bowel movements, coughing excessively). If you have a cold, or allergies that cause you to sneeze a lot, hold a pillow to your chest to minimize the effect. Just a few tips to pass along. By the way, our first IVF was successful in that we ended up with a BFP, but it turned out to be a blighted ovum, and I miscarried it naturally (without a D&C) a few days after my doctor took me off of the progesterone shots.  We are getting ready to start our next round in June (prep. meds.) Wish us luck!
So good to see you around here again! I am glad you are going for another round:) We had same diagnosis when I started on here. I dont know if you have been lurking...but I did end up with a m/c and d&c on 5/4/05 I was 10w5d. So now onto the waiting for the "normal" cycle to ttc again.:) hopefully we will be successful, like you had said in an earlier post maybe we can be pregger buddies:):):) lots of baby dust and glue to you!
Yes, I am back! It was our first round of IVF (sounds like a boxing match) that ended in m/c. Did you do the ICSI (sperm injection)? We weren't going to do it, then the embryologist said that only 2 of my 19 eggs had fertilized on their own. Yikes! So we had to do what they call "rescue ICSI", which means it is done on the second day after egg retrieval.  This next round we are doing ICSI right away, and I am working on convincing my doctor and my husband that we should transfer 3 embryos instead of 2.

My cycle started 4 days after my doctor took me off of the progesterone shots (can't say I missed that feeling!). I guess I was fortunate in that the placenta passed naturally and I didn't need a d&c.  I start the prep. meds in mid June. If you had asked me the day of the second ultrasound if I was going to continue with this self-inflicted torture, I would have thought you were nuts! Well, that feeling lasted about 5 minutes, and I realized again that it is really a numbers game, to some extent. It takes some women several times, we just have to be strong and put up with the shots controlling our lives for 5-6 weeks.  I will pray for both of you, and you will be in my thoughts. I really love this bulletin board and everything I have learned from these women!
sorry to hear about the m/c. i didnt do icsi.my first round of ivf was cancelled due to 1 follical developing. so i started again and did the flare protocol.this time i got 7 egg retrieved,out of those, 4 became embryos and on sat. i have my preg. test. OH by the way i did have all 4 put in. the embryologist said they all went to 8 cell. im very anxious.wish i knew the odds, but its in gods hands. im on suppositories and estridol,and man am i bloated. is that normal? best of luck to you next round.
Did I see on another thread that you had a BFP? If so, congratulations!  I meant to respond to some other questions as well. The pre-natal vitamins give me constipation something fierce (sorry tmi). Just drink lots of water and eat more fiber.  I was on progesterone shots (intramuscular-ouch!) and they seemed to make me retain water and feel like ****.  I think I am going to persuade my RE to put 3 embryos back this time, since we will do ICSI on all of the eggs (only 2 of 19 eggs fertilized on their own, then they had to do ICSI and we got 4 more embryos).
there you are! yes iam prego.i leave tomorrow for 2nd blood test.going back to la. then ultrasound on june 13. we are excited. i hope my #'s double. they were 92 on sat. i was told that was pretty good.

I had IVF , first cycle.  My egg transfer was on June 6th-2005, Retrieved 12 Embroys, and 8 were matured egges, transfered very healthy 4 embroys .

I am very anxious to check whether i am pregrant.

Please let me know ASAP, can i check now after 4 days after egg transfer.

four days is too soon!  i had my transfer yesterday and will have to wait for 10 more days...
Congrats on your pregnancy, little piggy!  I'm a 2-time IVFer and just wanted to chime in and say that I don't believe bedrest / days of rest post transfer is actually necessary to get pregnant (my clinic has monitored the research and says there's no conclusive evidence that it makes a difference).  But my philosophy is: it can't hurt, so if you can lie back and relax after the transfer, do it!  On the other hand, if you can't for some reason, don't stress about it... just use common sense and avoid strenuous activity and exercise.  Implantation is the great mystery, the one part of IVF that no one can have a look into... or have control over, as much as we try.  That's why they call the process "embryo transfer" instead of "embryo implantation" - the embryos get put in there and we all hold our breath and wait to see what happens...  Any good clinic will tell you that ultimately they don't know why sometimes a mediocre embryo implants while a perfect one doesn't.  Just think positive and take care of yourself and trust that what is meant to be will be!
Wait til as close to 14 days post transfer as possible (I know it's hard!).  If you do it too soon, you may get a "false" negative result and feel disappointed unnecessarily.  Good luck!
hi friends 2day is my 14th day after egg retrievel ,so im very eager to do home pregnancy test,,so friends plzzz tell me weder i can test 2morrow morning ,,r i have 2 wait for some more days
By now, I am sure that you know, I hope it is positive.
Hi Just hoping tou got a positive result