Women's Health: Postpartum Community

pregnancy

Hi my question is i ave no fluid at all in my womb from when i waS 3 months pregnant an now i am 5 months pregnant will the baby live r die i really need an answer
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about that. Low amniotic fluid level is called oligohydramnios. If the ultrasound measurement of the amniotic fluid index (AFI) is less than 5cm, this is considered as low level. To treat this, you have to find the cause. The causes can be fetal or maternal. Fetal causes include bilateral renal agenesis (Potter's syndrome, kidneys not formed), polycystic kidneys, or obstruction to genitourinary system. Maternal causes include dehydration, uteroplacental insufficiency, or use of angiotensin converting enzyme. Cause can also be idiopathic or no cause. Ultrasound can detect most of these abnormalities. Usually increasing mother's fluid intake by mouth or through intravenous route improves the amniotic fluid level. Chances of fetal abnormalities are high. If no abnormalities are detected, then the pregnancy can carry forward and you can give birth to a normal baby. Assisted delivery by C-section is most likely. However, you need to follow up with your Obs and Gyn on a regular basis. Please discuss this with your doctor.
Take care!
Plz read this"If no abnormalities are detected, then the pregnancy can carry forward and you can give birth to a normal baby. Assisted delivery by C-section is most likely." as
If no abnormalities are detected, then the pregnancy may carry forward and you may give birth to a normal baby. Assisted delivery by C-section would be most likely in that case.