Women's Health: Postpartum Community

pregnant or not????

Okay. For about 7 days (last Friday), I was having mild cramps and my breast and nipples were really sore. Thinking that it was just my AF coming, I ignored it. When it started to get to 5-6 days, I realized that I never cramped for that long, and my breasts hurt more than usual. So, I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I was so excited that I didn't believe it, so I took another, and again positive. The next morning I took two different digitals, both positive. Took another regular + test the following morning, positive. So, by then I was convinced I indeed was pregnant, and proceeded to tell my husband who too was soo happy. Starting yesterday, the cramping began to ease up, and so far none today. I took a test yesterday afternoon, negative, this morning, and it was negative. I also have a bit of pinkish colored spotting, only noticeable when I wipe. I called my doctor stating all the facts, and they immediately referred me to an OB, which now I cannot get in until a week from today. I don't know if I can survive that long not knowing, especially after being soo excited, and now soo scared that something went wrong. I don't know what I'd tell my husband....

I've heard about chemical pregnancies, could it have been that? Do you feel cramping and other symptoms with that? Am I even still pregnant? I just need to know, either way.
Sorry to hear. Sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me. The night before I had my miscarriage my positive test was so faint you could barely see it. By morning it was negative. I started bleeding and it was all over. My ER visit confirmed that. I hope this is not the case for you. Good luck.
Maybe a doctor can test your beta number.  It doesn't sound bad to me, as you haven't really had a big bleeding incident.  Try to get into see your doctor soon, because everything could be fine, and then you worried for nothing.
I called my ob who my doctor referred me to, and since it's going to be my first pregnancy/first visit with them, and I'm technically not a patient, they won't/can't answer any questions for me....i just want this pregnancy to happen sooo bad...i might try to go to a planned parenthood today, but i just don't want any bad news...then i'll probably blame it on myself or something and my husband will be heart broken
What you can do is go to the ER if you don't want to wait the week. Explain to them the symptoms and be sure to be dramatic add cramps and all(you gotta make them interested, but don't go overboard). The ER will run all the necessary test you need.
the spotting is a bit more, still only when i wipe though, still cramping, not bad really at all though.  I called my OB again, still said could be implantation bleeding up to 7wks.  But the whole negative test makes me nervous.  I called my primary doctor to see if they can at least order a blood test, a nurse is supposed to call me back.

Am i having a miscarriage?
Sweetie, only a trained professional can answer that question for you. We can only give you our experiences if you want to positively confirm you have to see a Dr. and if your Dr. isn't giving you the answers you need then please go to the ER for peace of mind. Case in point with my first daughter, I had some bleeding and called my Dr. and of course he said a little spotting was normal, but it didn't sit right with me(or my mom, she forced me to go to the ER). When I got to the ER they ran some test and did a vaginal ultrasound and found out that i was threatening a miscarriage(it hadn't happened they caught it in time). I was put on bed rest for a week and went back to my Dr. for a check-up eveything turned out fine( I had a healthy 8lb 6oz baby girl). Anywho, I hope everything goes well for you LOTS and LOTS of STICKY BABY DUST TO YOU!!!!!!!
I think i'm pregnant too, and i asked my cousin (she is 7 months ) and she told me that she had pinkish spots also, so in my opinion, i think it could be normal...Good luck
dont worry best of luck sticky baby dust to you!
Well, currently I'm having an m/c, and it's sooo hard to deal with.  I'm sitting here at work, and there are crying babies and toddlers all over.  My husband and I are devastated, this was to be our first, and I told him Christmas Eve as a special Christmas gift, and well now look.  It's really been hard on me, he's being strong and constantly reassures me things will be okay and we'll just keep trying.  It's an early m/c, about 4-5 wks, when will I be fertile again and how soon can we try again?
I am soooooo sorry about your loss. They say to give your body at least one cycle to recover and again I'm sooo sorry!