premature baby

When is it safe to have a premautre baby around other people or a trip to the mall?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have you asked your pedi about this?  How old is the baby now, and when was s/he born?  
Helpful - 0
we were told no crowded places until she was 2 months (malls, restaurants, etc...).

ask your ped, since s/he has a better understanding of your baby's needs, as well as the illnesses in your area.
Helpful - 0
My first baby was born 2 months early, I didn't take her out for months. Id take her to my moms and let her outside, but never to the store or mall.
Helpful - 0
Yeah first and foremost ask your pedi, but I would at least wait for baby's 2mo. shots, and of  course that better include a shot of synagist, which is a must for all premies esp. before flu/cold season starts.
Helpful - 0
I kept my preemies in relative isolation until they were 2 months adjusted age, but that's because we were entering cold season.  When you do venture out, bring purell with you and ask folks to use it before handling the baby.  Good luck!
Helpful - 0
I'd wait too until the flu season passes.....it's really bad this year.  I'd wait until mid to late April.  I had a preemie in August (6 weeks early)......I didn't let ANYONE see her until she was two months old.  That was in October.....   Does your baby receive a monthly shot called "synagis" that is an RSV vaccine?  My little girl does and I think that has helped her not have one cold at all this winter!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.