Women's Health: Postpartum Community

rash?

My daughter is breaking out. I'm guessing from the diapers itself because I don't allow her to sit in wet or poopy diapers. Her doctor prescribed her cream Nystatin & although it's clearing her, she's developing it elsewhere on her bottom so I'm heading out now to switch her diapers. Is there anything else that I can do or use at home to help her clear up her bottom???
Baby powder
N did u switch diapers?  Babies skin is super sensitive. That would prolly help to
Yes I went out and got a different brand. She was using huggies
Hi, Consider giving her some diaper free time Letting her bottom air out can help. You can make your own baby powder using arrow root It's located in the baking section of health food stores. Either use it plain or mixed with chamomile flowers (dried) and calendula flowers (dried). Put it in a shaker bottle. For diaper rash cream mix the arrow root with coconut oil.  Again you can add herbs. This time add to the oil and infuse it. (Mason jar placed in a pot of water. Put oil and herbs in jar and allow to warm until you xxx an smell the herbs in the oil.  Then allow to cool and mix with arrow root powder until ypu get a cream consistency.  The exact ratio is trial and error.)  In any case, these are natural ways you can feel safe using.  Also consider purchasing a couple of cloth diapers and covers My older kids had rashes when I used regular diapers.  Not a single rash when I switched to cloth. (It doesn't have to be expensive to cloth diaper a baby.)  Hope your little one gets the relief she need a.
Thank you so much I will try it