rashes

ok so my brett has this really weird rash. he didn't have it last night when he went to bed or 3 hours ago when he woke up but when i put him and eli down for their nap there it was. on his legs, arms and face (not on his back, chest, tushy or penis). eli does NOT have the rash and brett does not appear to be in pain, itchy or running a fever. nothing has changed. i use the same laundry detergent i did when he was born, he's been drinking the same milk for the past 6 weeks and no the only new food introduced to him was yogurt 3 days ago.

his pedi is on vacation this week (i already tried to call her) and the "nurses" there have no idea what it could be.....i hate waiting till monday but he's not distressed or really sick so i don't want to put him through having to go to the er...any ideas? should i take him to the er or wait to see if it clears up?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If he isnt hurting there is no reason to take him to the ER unless there is some thing wrong but if he is fine hesokay. what does it look like is it redish like a rash or is it little bumpes that almost look like a white bug bite or is it rashy and red but almost seems like dry skin paches?
Helpful - 0
their slightly raised pinkish red splotches. (they're not bug bits. i looked for any sort of puncture wound but...nothing) they start at his little thighs and go down his legs (they don't cover his legs they're sporatic) and are on his upper arm, elbow and forearm and also on his cheeks.

it doesn't look like chicken pox (and i don't know where he would have caught them from...and no he has not been vaccinated against it yet. that booster comes in november at his 15 month check up).i did put pants on him in case he does start scratching but it just does not seem to phase him....
Helpful - 0
The doctor doesn't have someone else on staff? I would just watch and see if it goes away in a couple of hours. Does the doc have an answering service?
Helpful - 0
their pedi *****. as soon as we get our new insurance i'm switching docs. her "nurses" are not the smartest bunch. the woman i talked to gave me a bunch of um's and uh's before telling me to call back later.

i just don't get how he can go from no rash to a rash in 3 hours for no reason. at least none that i found. (i searched their bedroom and play room for ANYTHING that could have caused it but found nothing.)
Helpful - 0
I didnt mean bug bites Hives kinda look like bug bites, If they are dry patches it could be Exima,  Or it could be from the yorgut what kind was it?
Helpful - 0
it was black cherry, fat free yogurt. (it was wal marts brand)
Helpful - 0
it could be hives. Sometimes they get hives and we never know why- at least that's what our ped told us when dd got a rash at 18 months. It disappeared within a few days. There are also some viral sicknesses that manifest themselves in a rash. Fifths comes to mind- often children with fifths get a rash on their cheeks, arms, and legs. Although, your description doesn't exactly sound like fifths- fifths is more of a "lacy" rash.

I definitely would avoid the ER unless there are other major symptoms. Chances are he'd pick up something much worse while there.
Helpful - 0
I agree with tiredbuthappy I think its just from yorgut just becuse hes not us to it.
Helpful - 0
i'm washing all of their bedding (both eli and bretts) and anything that is washable now. so hopefully if it is something that was in or on the sheets, blankets and pillows is gone now. it seems be lightening up a bit. it's going from a dark pinkish/red to a light pink. and still not bothering him. still no fever and no fussier than normal when he was tired.
Helpful - 0
well this morning brett wakes up and it looks as though the rash is clearing up. he goes down for his nap, wakes up and it's spread down his chest!!! and his legs look...purplish pink now (still has the rash). he's still not fevered, itching or fussing just...rashy. *sigh*
Helpful - 0
google fifths disease rashes- see if that's what it looks like.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.