sex after c section

I know I know my bf and I should have waited 6-8 weeks but that just wasn't an option! Lol  so its only been 5 days, what are the risks? Infections?Did I do damage?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
was it painful? lol I had a C-section and it was soo painful the healing process like a good 2 weeks to be able to go out for a walk or go anywhere really
Helpful - 0
You risk getting pregnant again. That's about it. I had sex 2 weeks after my c section. Or maybe a little sooner. Just tell your doctor the truth at your 3 week check up when she asks because she us only asking because you have to take a pregnancy test again before she will give you any type of birth control. But if you hadn't had sex, she wouldn't have to do a pregnancy test. That's all.
Helpful - 0
Your body has to heal. That's the first reason. Second is if you become pregnant again (which can and has happened. ..I have a friend pregnant right now due to not waiting) you are going to risk the Chance of rupturing your uterus which could kill you and the baby. They slit open your uterus and it needs time to heal. They close it with glue. THEN they staple outside and that's the part you see.
Helpful - 0
Oh Damn I see my doctor.next week ill ask her. And of course get checked out. Deff don't want to get pregnant again anytime soon,  gotta be safe. But it didn't hurt for the first time in 8 months I could have sex without being in pain!!
Helpful - 0
Be grateful.  It took me 4 months to not have it hurt to have sex.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.