Women's Health: Postpartum Community

signs of early pregnancy

I'M AT DAY 24 AND i NOTICED SOME BREAST PAIN THIS MORNING WHEN i WOKE UP AND i HAVE BEEN having frequent headaches too.  Are headaches a sign of pregnancy?  I dont remember having that before (I have a daughter).  I'm hoping I'm pregnant again but I know it's way too soon to tell.  I dont even know for sure if I ovulated this cycle!  Just hoping.  The breast pain seems to be more on my left breast and that breast has been slightly itchy too the past few days.  Does the itching mean anything????
I'm in the same boat. Keep us posted.
Ok I am so in the same boat. I have some breast tenderness thats for sure started noticing it on Friday and headachs. Then this morning I had to have a hot dog with musterd mayo ketchup and plunty of peper. I am so tired to. Oh yeah and the brest on the left is more tender then the right. I am so hungry last few days and the toper I'm not suposed to start tell the 11th . I was told you could test up to 4 days before my expected AF so dumb me spent money on the clear blue easy predictor. took it tonight and guess what NOT PREG. Thats what I always get I have two boys I know I can get preg but I never do. I need some encourgment please.
Hi. I'm on day 25 of my cycle and I have the same symptoms. Plus, I am having a bit of cramping. Unfortunately, headaches, sore boobs and cramps can be a sign that af is on her way or a sign of pg. If I don't get af by the 12th I am going to take and ept that test hcg of 20 or higher. Best of luck for your bfp!
Are you getting the boob itching thing too???  Good luck to you too!  Thanks!
No itching but they're sore to touch.
got my period, day 23....  :(  i guess the breats pain was pms.  If I'm getting my period on day 23, if i ovulated at all, it was probably day 9, right?????
At about 5 days befor AF was due on both pregnancies I got severe instant waves of exhaustion and nausous when drinking wine.  This pregancy about a week after BFP (day before Af was due), my bb's were REALLY sore.
Are you BBT charting?  This will help you know for certain what day you O.  You will also know the length of your LP and will know exactly when AF should arrive.
BTW, sorry AF came this time.  That's majoraly disappointing...
Hi everyone just have a question i need answered i had sex 7 days ago and five days after i notcied that my areola had changed colour now 2 days later i know that it defintly has as i thought i was imagining it could this pregnancy symptom turn up this early? or is it something else im 26 and already have a four year old any help would be appreciated
I've read that could be a sign of pregnancy.It has never happened to me, but it's different for everyone. I usualy get super tired and horrible mood swings, craveings! Others have tender breasts and nasea. As far as that early? I don't know. I think all that is caused by the hormone, which rises when little one implants around 5 to 10 days after 'O'. So, it's possible. Hope for both of us! My period is due the 12th, and I do have my symptoms. One imparticular, my morning temp is up giving me hope. If it goes down around my period, I'll know I'm not pregnant.
hi there:   per website, http://ks.essortment.com/earlysymptomso_rxdl.htm

For some women, when they become pregnant, they just know it. Insinct seems to kick in. For others, symptoms can be confusing. Morning sickness, for example, can be mistaken for a bout of the flu or food poisoning. Or you may have Amenorrhea. That is the term for an absence of the menstrual cycle. Amenorrhea can occur even when a woman is not pregnant. So, how can you tell for sure?

Your body goes through many changes when you become pregnant. Possible early signs of pregnancy can include the following:

A) Amenorrhea

B) Morning Sickness

C) The need to urinate more often

D) Tender breasts

E) Cravings

All of the above are signs that may say you are carrying a child, however, proceed with caution. These signs are not proof positive.

The first step on your mission of truth is a home pregnancy test. These are available in any drug store. Try to use a name brand such as ept or whatever your pharmacist may recomend. These tests are very easy to use. Be sure to read all the instructions enclosed with the test and be sure to know what the results mean when the test is complete. Most of the time these tests are fairly accurate. However, if you recieve a false result and the above symptoms don't seem to disappear, you should see your Gynecologist. Your test may have been a false negative and you may indeed be pregnant. If your result is postitive, the next step is to see your Doctor. He or she will administer a blood and unine test to dectect the pregnancy horomone hCG. A physical exam will also be required. After all this is said and done, you will have your answer.

If you are pregnant, this will be an emotionally and physically exciting time for you and for all involved. Be sure to get plenty of rest and stay away from things that may be harmful to you or your baby. Eat well and keep a positive prospective. The months ahead of you promise to be full of ups and downs as your body goes through numerous changes. The best thing you can do is to take really great care of yourself.
I did a home pregnancy test today and unlike other times, it showed up 2 bright pink lines positive!  This is happening to me at the worst time because I am about to finish school.  I have been married  5 years and we just presumed it was not going to happen. My husband and I always said it would happen when we least expected it.

I am concerned because in the past I have had 2 miscarriages.  I have also had endrometriosis.  The last time I was pregnant in 2002, my home test was negative, but blood test was positive.  Within 1 1/2 weeks, I started heavy bleeding and HGC levels went way down.  It is devastating to go through.  I am wondering if this time, the HGC is already showing up so soon might my chances be better that this might be a good pregnancy??

Anyone have any experiences with this??
ok my period is suppose to come down like around the 12th of January 2006, and at the moment i have a urinery tract infection and it's really confusing cuz it feels as though my period is comin down but thats also comes along with the bladder infection my last period was around the 15th dec and ended on the 19th i had sex on the 22-29 my supposed ovulation days i took a preg test last friday and it was neg I can't sleep its always on my mine I don't want to be stress because it may preg to be late..i just want to be pregnant soo1 bad please help!!
Slow down a bit honey.  :-)

If your period is not due until January 12th, and you took a pg test last Friday, then you took it way too early.  You need to wait until January 12th or later for it to be 99% accurate.  You might still be pg but you tested too soon.  

Take another test on January 12th or 13th if your period does not start on time.

Good luck!
Congratulations!!!!!!

Unfortunately, the brightness of the test is not any indication of whether you will miscarry or not.  It might be a different brand of test than the last time, your urine might have been more concentrated this time, you might be further along in your pg and thus have more hcg this time - there are so many factors.

Given your history, you should contact your OB/GYN today and tell them you received a BFP!  They will probably give you an u/s and at least do bloodwork to check your levels.  Be sure that they check your progesterone levels.  Some women have low progesterone levels and need supplements in order to sustain a pg.  If your progesterone drops it can cause you to miscarry so that is why it's important that they check your level!

Good luck to you and congratulations again!
hi soulchild6 here its the 12th and i haven't seen my period yet i don't if its because I'm stressed out or what but I'm still cramping i also have a urinary infection would that affect my period like make it come later by taking the antibiotics which is macrobid. KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS AND THANKYOU!
It has been confirmed by a Beta test that I am pregnant.  My HCG level is 4500 and I am supposedly 5 weeks.  Any idea if this level is low average or high?  Am waiting for the GP to call me back to further explain.  My OBGYN would not see me until the GP confirmed the pregnancy.  Also, any idea at what point do I do a sonogram??