Women's Health: Postpartum Community

slow heart rate and hcg level not doubling

I have just been for 8.5 week scan as have previously this year mis-miscarried. The scan measured 6 week however I am certain on 8.5 weeks. The heart rate was slow (75BP) so out of concern I had my HCG levels done. The first day they measured 26900, two days later 28900. My GP does not seem to be too concerned as he says a heartbeat and rising HCG levels are a good sign. However my midwife has shown great concern. Has this happened to anybody? Feedback would greatly appreciated.

Hi!
Your midwife is concerned because the HCG levels show a doubling trend until about 10 weeks of pregnancy. In most women the levels double up every 48 hours, but in some it may take about 3 and1/2 days. It’s also possible that the baby is smaller than your calculation. So, ideally you should wait another week or two for a clearer picture. Take care!
Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately no good news with this one. However appreciate your response all the same.