stomache flu and pregnancy

Hi Im 26 years old and I'm 11wks pregnant with my second child. Yesterday I got really sick, vomiting and (sorry for over sharing) diarreah. I was only able to hold down a couple pieces of mango and some gaterade. So my question is, is that going to hurt my baby? I feel better today and have been able to eat a little more and drink some water. Any advice and comments are very welcome. Thank you all for listening
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
From some of the things I've seen the vet post on this site the baby should be fine as long as you didn't have a high fever. That's the main thing they get concerned about is a fever in a pregnant woman. The baby is pretty protected in the womb. I know it doesn't sound very nice but I had an ob doctor tell me once they're like little parasites, they will suck all the nutrition out of you for themselves. They will take what they need from you. :)
Helpful - 0
Oh man, I just realized I said vet! I meant to say ob doctor on here. Sheesh. I guess I've had my cat on the brain with all that's been going on with her and going to the vet and all. I am so, so sorry!
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much!!! It's good to know the baby should be ok! I didnt run a fever at all. I hope everything goes ok for your cat! thanks agian
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.