Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

they say i have misscarried whats going to happen now!

hello there, i could really do with some help and advise as i am in total limbo!

i found out not long ago i was pregnant and was around 5weeks, i was getting pain more in left side so they sent me for an early scan...they then told me that they could not see anything inside my cervix out outside so i must have misscarried!!,,,,that was it...thats al they said the nurse had her coat and bag on ready to go passed me a leaflet and just said "o if you bleed heavy and survere pain come back" sorry for your loss i will discharge you now" .....i am so heartbrokend and angry about how they treated me! i have no idea when i will bleed,how it will feel or look like,how long am i ment to bleed for! i really need some help as at the moment i still feel i am ...just a waiting game now.... please help....
thanks beth xx

1 Responses
351246 tn?1379682132
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
I am sorry to hear what you have gone through. It is often normal not to see anything on ultrasound at 5 weeks. Normally a gestational sac with a yolk sac appears at about 5 weeks (calculated from your last missed period date) of pregnancy and can be well visualized by 6 weeks on a transvaginal (through a vagina) ultrasound (so it can be missed at 5 weeks). Fetal heart beat usually appears by 8-9 weeks. This is why it is best to repeat the scan a week or two later. Meanwhile monitor the HCG levels at 48 hours intervals. If they rise and almost double in 48 hours, then chances of pregnancy carrying forward are high. Please discuss with your gynecologist. Take care!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.