Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
126762 tn?1325261805

tilted uterus

I had my annual pap test yesterday - I went to a different clinic and they told me that I had a tilted uterus (how my last dr missed this, or just didn't tell me, i'm not sure). She told me that i can still get pg, but it may take awhile - bummer! :(
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has this and if there is anything that I can do to help my chances of conceiving.
32 Responses
I have a tilted uterus too.  It took us 8 months to conceive, but I really blame that on my semi-irregular cycle.  Once I was able to O earlier, I got pregnant right away.
165078 tn?1255606407
I was told I had a tilted cervex and I had no problem conceiving.  I read that delivery may have to be a c-section but sometimes the baby can turn it back to normal and delivery will be fine.
126762 tn?1325261805
Whew - your posts made me feel a lot better - thank you! So other than the regular obessive :) ttc methods, there is nothing special that I need to do whil bd'ing?

boogaloo - you said yours didn't cause your m/c, but does anyone know if it can? I've had two and was wondering if this could possibly cause them? I tried researching it, and I read somewhere that it makes it harder for implantation - and can cause chemical pg. Just wondering...

126762 tn?1325261805
Hi - aww, thanks for thinking of me!! :) It feels great to know others are wondering how i'm doing...

Isn't it amazing how some drs can miss something so simple? It took my new dr about 5 seconds to tell me this and I've been going to my last one for 5 years and she never said anything - even when she knew I was ttc. I guess that's not as bad as you having to be in labor for so long though - when you could have just had the c-section. Don't you just love drs sometimes? :)

Well, other than that - and my cold that I'm FINALLY getting over - I'm doing pretty good! I'm really looking forward to Christmas (and a few days off from work!). I haven't been on as much as usual - how is everything going for you? I think I remember reading about your last appt - you are about 25 wks, right? It's getting closer!! :o)
159354 tn?1286367688
I have had 3 this year and my dr said absolutely not could this have caused mine...it is risky after 12-13 weeks if it doesn't straighten on its own but my m/c were all before 9 weeks.

I think they said 90% of the time it straightens itself out to support the weight of the baby after 13 weeks...if not there is something the drs can do to help it.
126762 tn?1325261805
good to know - thank you! I guess it's just something to make sure my dr is watching after i get pg. I'm glad it's not as big of a deal as I thought. I was feeling pretty bad yesterday, thinking that there was a reason this whole time for my trouble ttc and I didn't know it. I feel a lot better today after hearing from you ladies.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.