Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

treatment for bpa symptoms

My seven year old son is quite "hyperactive."  He was fed with Avent bottles as a child.  Is there a way to treat bpa poisoning?  
6 Responses
172023 tn?1334672284
It would not seem feasible that he's been poisoned by bpa.  He might have been exposed to minute amounts, but there's a big difference between that and "poisoning".
210400 tn?1325380570
I believe that they found that BPA is only a small amount of the bottles hence the reason they haven't been recalled. What does your Ped say?
145992 tn?1341345074
What do you mean "hyperactive"?  Many children are hyperactive?  Some have ADHD and are actually diagnosed with it, and other children are just normal children with a ton of energy.
134578 tn?1602101550
He's more likely to be affected by t.v. watching than by bottles.
Check the latest reports on BPA at Consumer Affairs and find out the truth about BPA, they have no axe to grind.
906115 tn?1344200509
BPA I did not hear causes that, I know it can cuse other things but it has been taken off the market. Not eating a balanced diet, watching TV and eating lots of juices and sweets is more reason to be hyperactive then BPA! Also not having a good routine of eating at a table and going to bed at a good time is a casue of being hyperactive. I do not think you will get anywhere with a ped or natural dr on that issue. My  family sees a homeophathic dr and we go all natural. Refined sugars and bleached flours and diet is the main casue of ADHD and hyperactive in children. I would look into that for him! Best of luck
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.